0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Kim. None of the above.
    Keith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rellik666 View Post
    I know we are an educated lot here, but my goodness. Why didn't she have a spare card in her pocket? And there was an awful lot of chopped heads and feet. Are they sure they took those photos in the introduction? ....
    My guess is that if the Producers asked me to submit some photos, and I gave them just my best ever shots, I could make myself look like a pretty good photographer. If you judged my skill with a camera on those shots alone, I could look as good as they did in the Intro. I take photos a few hundred at a time, I manage to fluke some pretty good shots every once in a while. But to then send me to a wedding to take the shots for them, would be a disaster for everyone. Even the winning shot looked to me to be a fluke rather than a planned result. I might be wrong, but that was the impression I got, especially based on the quality of the other shots.
    Last edited by Ezookiel; 02-07-2012 at 10:09am.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are right Ezook. It would be hard to produce great shots when taken right out of your normal style, given a strange camera and dumped in a wedding. Anyway, the program is for TV entertainment, not as a photo tutorial. As entertainment it works ok, though it would have been better with a bridezilla.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the contestants to appear on the show are chosen based on their best shots as displayed in a portfolio, I think they slipped up. Have a look at the portfolio of last week's winner.
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/photofinish/pages/s3523170.htm

In my opinion the producers are looking for as much drama as they can find at the expense of subject matter. Very, very un-ABC like and likely a result of the policy of the new ABC head to purchase more and produce less. I hope this show isn't an example of the future of ABC.
    Last edited by norwest; 02-07-2012 at 7:59pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG. How Stupid is that woman. She has a photo of her driver's licence in her portfolio. ALMOST readable, so with some sharpening or PP work on it, it's possible someone could actually get useable info off it. That's just stupid in the extreme.
    Her "portfolio" includes photos with red eye not even dealt with. Kind of explains a hell of a lot.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by norwest View Post
    If the contestants to appear on the show are chosen based on their best shots as displayed in a portfolio, I think they slipped up. Have a look at the portfolio of last week's winner.
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/photofinish/pages/s3523170.htm

In my opinion the producers are looking for as much drama as they can find at the expense of subject matter. Very, very un-ABC like and likely a result of the policy of the new ABC head to purchase more and produce less. I hope this show isn't an example of the future of ABC.
    Oh dear oh dear..........
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always vote in stuff like this - even if all shots are terrible there has to be which is the least terrible to vote for. But I just can't vote as none of them did absolutely anything at all for me. I sympathise with the awful situation they were put in... but I didn't like any of the votes at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12