Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Reverse ND Grad filter in Lightroom 4

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reverse ND Grad filter in Lightroom 4

Of course you ARE shooting in RAW, aren't you? This mini-tutorial from Matthew Gore of Light & Matter shows how to deal with bright sections such as the sun on the horizon using LR4's graduated filter tool. Enjoy!

Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ready to Print
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great find. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Wayno; 26-06-2012 at 11:02am.

Canon user in training.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno??

I question why people need to make convoluted processing steps when a more simple method to achieve the same result is to simply use the brush tool across the area that needed brightening.

Select the brush choose the size and hardness and spray -Ev to reduce exposure... easy(er!!)
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting. Post production is what I really fail at/ I will add this video to my must watch list. Looks very interesting Now I have had a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched this video again and am about to try and do what he suggests. hmmm
    Manfrotto 334B Automatic Monopod with Manfrotto 496RC2 Compact Ball head with RC2 Quick Release. Lowepro Bags (2) Joby SLR-Zoom Gorillapod.

Olympus Pen EP5 Olympus Zuiko 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom Zuiko 14-42mm
    A huge wish list....

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I dunno??

I question why people need to make convoluted processing steps when a more simple method to achieve the same result is to simply use the brush tool across the area that needed brightening.

Select the brush choose the size and hardness and spray -Ev to reduce exposure... easy(er!!)
    C'mon, Arfur, some of us are just allergic to paint brushes of ANY sort! Never could avoid getting brush strokes in the final effort.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDo View Post
    C'mon, Arfur, some of us are just allergic to paint brushes of ANY sort! Never could avoid getting brush strokes in the final effort.
    While some of us are allergic to brushes, all of me is downright hypersensitive to them, and hence avoid them like the plague .. dastardly things that they are!!
    I'm so hopeless at using them, I even get splashes of exposure adjustment on my clothing and even keyboard!!

I just prefer to keep the edit steps simple.
    If you've used colour control point editing, ala CaptureNX or via the Adobe plugin from Color Efex, you'll truly understand the meaning of the term simple editing
    Last edited by arthurking83; 26-06-2012 at 4:48pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I dunno??

That was my thought too. But it seemed so simple I thought I had to be wrong.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham