User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Remote for 5D3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote for 5D3

I should be getting my 5D3 by the end of this week, and I need a remote shutter release for it as I do a lot of tripod work, and the one I use for my 60D has a different plug on it.
    I like to do some time lapse stuff, so I need one with an intervelometer in it as well.

I like the idea of a wireless unit so I can put the Tx in my pocket and set the camera up at parties and just take photos without too many people knowing about it and also for getting shots of birds and animals from a distance.

I saw the Hahnel Giga Pro II for $92.00 at DCW, and was wondering if anyone has used one and what they thought of it.
    It seems that it comes with various plugs so it can also be used on my 60D, as well as my wife's G1X - which sounds good to me.

Any recommendations as to where to get it for the best price, or if there are any better units out there?
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Hahnel remote trigger and had a short play with it tonight.
    It works well!
    Even through walls.

It's easy to set up for long exposures, delayed exposures and time lapse, and it comes with 2 leads so it works with any Canon camera.

The 2 units (Rx and Tx) are small and light, yet the Tx is large enough to work with and to easily use the buttons and LCD interface, and the LCD's can also be backlit so they're easy to use at night (which is when I do some of my work).
    I thought it was great value at $92 too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds interesting. I will be looking at remote options for my 5D3 soon.

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Phottix Plato. It's a wireless shutter release that uses commonly available AAA batteries, and supports delayed shooting, burst shooting, and bulb mode.
    One of the other benefits of the Plato is that the camera cable isn't hard-wired into the receiver, so you can get different cables for it, to suit different cameras.
    For your 5D3, you'll need the Phottix C8 cable (with an N3 connector), while your 60D would need the Phottix C6 cable (with an E3 connector).

You can read my review of the Plato here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still havent got around to getting a remote for my 5D Mkiii yet either...

Has anyone used one of these before?
    http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod8684.htm

http://www.ioshutter.com/

Not sure if its a good idea or more of a gimmick... Obviously its not wireless. I too liked the look of the Hahnel Giga T Pro II, but this could be an alternative???

Any thoughts?

R
    Jon