User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Lightroom 4 Export problems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightroom 4 Export problems

HELP!! Been working on a photo and exported it. Went through at 1024 megapixels and file size of 250KB no worries. Then went back, reset the photo to the beginning and started another develop. Cropped the same and similar adjustments but a better look. Changed the file name but kept the size the same and hit the export key. Now the damn thing won't export. A box keeps coming up saying cannot export within 250KB. I tried lowering the file size in megapixels but it keeps saying the same. What have I done wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1024 mp or 1024 Pixels ? I export at the native resolution and resize in Photoshop for converting to Jpeg for web viewing , Any way what ever it should let you export again even if it the same file it will let you overwrite the original if you want
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry meant pixels. Thanks for your advice though I don't have Photoshop.......yet. Just learning Lightroom and that is more than enough for the moment. I ended up resorting to Google and funnily came across a link back to this site which took me to a similar post with an answer that worked. I had originally searched for a similar query on AP but couldn't find anything. Anyway I did what was suggested and reduced the dpi and quality and bingo it exported straight away with hardly any difference in quality. From what I read my developing resulted in too fine a tuning for lightroom to reduce the size. Argghh spent 1.5 hrs developing my second attempt but then took 3 hrs to figure out how to export it!!! Oh well, I'll put it all down to learning