User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Genre themed competitions : Update

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Genre themed competitions : Update

As we progress through our series of genre themed photo of the week competitions, with WEDDINGS coming up next (tonight), we have decided to break them up a bit, so next weeks competition will be an open one(no theme) and then we will do a few more genre ones, and another open one.

This gives members a chance to enter a good photo they have taken recently that may have been from a genre that has already been done as a competition.

It also will allows us to fit in with the Anonymous Critic's own schedule, such that we can plan an open competition on a week they are away doing a shoot or have a lot happening in the studio, etc.

So WEDDINGS it will be, opening tonight, then next week an open (non themed) competition, followed by another of our genre's.

I hope you are enjoying this series of competitions and that it is getting some of you out of your comfort zone. I also hope that contributions by our Anonymous Critic are being seen as worthwhile, and helpful.
    Last edited by ricktas; 24-06-2012 at 10:11am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh and to give you a bit more of a heads up, after weddings and the open comp, the next genre's up will be:

• Social Documentary
    • Birds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 5 days in bed with the flu and counting I'll be happy when I can be out again, shooting anything!

Comps are great

Pentax K-r
    Da 15mm & 70mm Ltds, Fa 35mm f2, F 50mm f1.7
    Da*200mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 28-105 f2.8

Sunrise Chaser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I'm finding it hard to think of anyone getting married this week , Let alone gate crashing one to get some shots I'll just have to drive around to see if anything is happening I guess , Local churches will be a good start I'm thinking

PS : I do like the new themes you and the Mods are coming up with Rick, Good change to the comps , Well done
    Last edited by William; 24-06-2012 at 1:44pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Hmm, I'm finding it hard to think of anyone getting married this week , Let alone gate crashing one to get some shots I'll just have to drive around to see if anything is happening I guess , Local churches will be a good start I'm thinking

PS : I do like the new themes you and the Mods are coming up with Rick, Good change to the comps , Well done
    PPS, who said you needed a real wedding? Get creative. go to the toy store and buy up and build a wedding on your kitchen bench with Ken and Barbie.

Sunrise Chaser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one Rick, Thinking outside the box , Good idea , I did,nt think of that , I suppose you could even dress your pets up to look like a wedding ceremony as well

My friends call me Dave
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    PPS, who said you needed a real wedding? Get creative. go to the toy store and buy up and build a wedding on your kitchen bench with Ken and Barbie.
    I can dig one up from the archives from 2011 my one and only wedding shoot, do you think thats ok Rick, I would rather a newer image but I cant afford Ken and Barbie
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Pipe View Post
    I can dig one up from the archives from 2011 my one and only wedding shoot, do you think thats ok Rick, I would rather a newer image but I cant afford Ken and Barbie
    Whilst we are encouraging people to get a new photo for these genre competitions, we have not created a rule that says they MUST be new photos.

My friends call me Dave
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=William;1036151] Hmm, I'm finding it hard to think of anyone getting married this week , Let alone gate crashing one to get some shots I'll just have to drive around to see if anything is happening I guess , Local churches will be a good start I'm thinking

The wedding crashers bill I like the idea, if only you weren't so far away