User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Cudo Deal for Online Photoshop CS4 course...deal or no deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cudo Deal for Online Photoshop CS4 course...deal or no deal?

Hello guys,

Just had this delivered into my inbox through Cudo (one of those online discount sites): http://cudo.com.au/brisbane/create-y...mid=1498865714

The link from the actual website describes the course as such:

http://www.e-careers.com/course/phot...-ec110053.html

I was just wondering what you thought about online courses such as these? Am thinking about it as it might make me more focused and force me to actually learn some stuff I've been thinking about learning for ages and haven't...on the other hand, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to learn this stuff online without the cost.

It is quite a discount though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get on youtube and search for tutorials on all the topics covered in that course, and you can watch the videos and learn..for free. There is a world of photoshop tutorials on youtube for fairly much every processing technique.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, yeah I was thinking the same thing actually. If nothing else, the website comes in as a good guide I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a waste of time.
    I can sell you a PS course too. I can charge you $10, or 50% off $20, or 90% off $100. In the end you get to spend $10.
    It seems the only reason you're considering is due to the 'discount', don't get sucked in.
    The discount site also take a 30% cut, so you're already paying 30% more than what the site is getting paid.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only ones that get anything out of courses like these are the ones that sell and run them. You can learn so much more right here. The 14Hr course would barely scratch the surface and probably leave you more confused by trying to fit so much into such a short course.
    Keith.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gained all my knowledge of photography from this site. I have never done any courses. I have just joined in as much as possible, and when ever there was a AP meet, I'd jump at the chance.
    Sometimes though I wish that I had done a course. I'm a lazy bugger, and have never used any of the NTP learning plans. I have just looked, listened and learned. A course would force me to get of my backside, and get more serious.

I see that you live in Brisbane, the photographers capital of Australia. There is always something going on up there, involving all genres of photography. When you see something in the Queensland members meets, join in, have fun and learn.

I also see that you have been a member for nearly 3 years, and have only contributed 129 times to the site. Put up photos in the critique section and ask "How can I improve". And I can almost guarantee within 6 months you'll be as good as the rest of us.

So pull your finger out, join in, look, listen and learn. It's all here in front of you, you just have to apply yourself. And it is for FREE....

Geoff
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at this link for free, step by step info on PS.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and also the Russell Brown show.....one of the photoshop gurus....
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to Adobe.com and check out AdobeTV.
    They have lots of stuff to learn about every facet of Photoshop, and it's all free.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look at and ask heaps of questions here ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...shop-Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    ...... Put up photos in the critique section and ask "How can I improve". And I can almost guarantee within 6 months you'll be as good as the rest of us.
    Or at least, maybe as good as some of them.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to think each of those 129 times was top quality though Geoff

In all seriousness, you're right and it really is a matter of just getting in and participating and learning as much as possible. I'm studying and working at the moment, which unfortunately doesn't leave that much extra time. But I've really had more than long enough to already have learned the stuff listed in that course anyway...it's just a matter of pulling my finger out. That and using the various outings etc available up here to get out and take some shots around the place. I've been to a few through the local camera club etc but do have the time to fit in a few more, especially during uni holidays.

Thanks for the advice on this everyone. I thought it was probably a waste of money, and everyone's backed up that idea.

Edit: Make that 130...
    Last edited by sonofcoco; 25-06-2012 at 11:24pm.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join a local camera club, use AP, use YouTube, Google is your friend ... all of which cost nothing or nearly nothing!!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a member of a local camera club (two actually), but do need to spend more time brushing up on skills online. Also need to join Meetup as I've been meaning to do...then need to find more time!