Thread: Moving to NSW

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroharm View Post
    I thought of that, But there is a big sign there that says "No cameras"... So I figure it is a photography free zone
    Bah, humbug. Going to Parkes Wed. or Thurs. next week. Will take a "snapshot" of the telescope and post it here.
    OMFG!!! Such a rebel
    Last edited by WhoDo; 25-07-2012 at 7:04pm. Reason: Fixed quote tags
    D5000 Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm VR, Tamron 70-300mm, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR, Marumi/Hoya Filters
    "There are times when words fall out of my mouth at the very same time they entered my head.. Apologies in advance for those times"
    "I don't get mad, I get better"

Sheree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you made it safe & sound. A wee time to settle into the new scenery and beofre you know it the photo ops will be jumping out at you left, right & centre. Looking forward to your new photos

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What signs? I have taken lots of shots there and never seen a sign Welcome to the area. There are quite a few of us around the Orange/Bathurst area and we will have to meet up one day.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warus View Post
    What signs? I have taken lots of shots there and never seen a sign Welcome to the area. There are quite a few of us around the Orange/Bathurst area and we will have to meet up one day.
    Now I am here I can't see the signs either A catchup with all the local Ap'ers would be fabulous.. Thanks for volunteering to get that happening

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by selaw View Post
    Glad you made it safe & sound. A wee time to settle into the new scenery and beofre you know it the photo ops will be jumping out at you left, right & centre. Looking forward to your new photos
    Thanks Roy, I drove in tonight after 7 days on the road And behind me was the most amazing sunset I have seen for sometime I was pretty happy to see it.. Now just to unpack my Imac, so I can see the real colours in photos

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OMFG!!! Such a rebel
    Not a Rebel, an EOS.
    So here's some promised snapshots. Taken about 15kms down the road to Wellington. The last one at the turn off to Alectown.

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG
    Last edited by Mark L; 25-07-2012 at 7:02pm.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for these Mark, I have been driving around the countryside scouting photo ops.. I haven't made it to the dish yet! Maybe today Now just to thaw out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to NSW Zeroharm. Parkes is a nice area and town to live in. I'm in Bathurst - only a coupe of hours east of you. Maybe we can catch up sometime.
    cheers

Steve

Don't take life too seriously - its only temporary

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dunnart View Post
    Welcome to NSW Zeroharm. Parkes is a nice area and town to live in. I'm in Bathurst - only a coupe of hours east of you. Maybe we can catch up sometime.
    Hi Steve, I am thoroughly enjoying it so far I am yet to aclimitise though, 10 degrees used be my minimum temp, not maximum I would love to catch up with fellow AP'ers... I will post again once I am fully settled and organise a meet I will venture over Bathurst way to take in some of those gorgeous buildings ... Look forward to meeting

Cheers,
    Sheree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a gliding club in Bathurst if you head over that way. They have 2 seaters, and could take you for a flight - maybe a chance for some aerial photography if that appeals? I think there are some pilots there that actually live in Parkes. Once you get settled and down to the pub for a friendly yak with the locals, you'll find out a lot more about the area.

A max of 10 degrees is balmy weather, by the way. You only need a light jumper and coat. And fireplaces are soooo much more inviting than airconditioners!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    There's a gliding club in Bathurst if you head over that way. They have 2 seaters, and could take you for a flight - maybe a chance for some aerial photography if that appeals? I think there are some pilots there that actually live in Parkes. Once you get settled and down to the pub for a friendly yak with the locals, you'll find out a lot more about the area.

A max of 10 degrees is balmy weather, by the way. You only need a light jumper and coat. And fireplaces are soooo much more inviting than airconditioners!
    I have never thought about aerial photography before!! Sounds exciting.. I love a red wine, but have not been inside a pub for a long long time Once work starts I am sure I will find out more about the place and opportunities.. As for the weather, I much prefer the changing seasons as opposed to hot and hotter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of wheat and other crops grown out around Parkes. Come Dec it will be ready for harvest - got to be some nice photo material as the wheat grows and matures. Also, there is a smattering of old agricultural equipment (harvesters, ploughs and the like) on the farms around the place. Once you get to know some locals, you may find some. Its an agricultural area, so maybe agriculture could be a theme to work on over time.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As for the weather, I much prefer the changing seasons as opposed to hot and hotter
    Got to be better than cold and colder.

IMG_1935.JPG

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Mark L;1052377]Got to be better than cold and colder.

Oooh.. I saw frost for the first time in 5 years when I was camping on the Nullarbor on the way over!! Still I prefer the cold, at least you can get warm As strange as it sounds, blue skies and constant temps get boring after a while

Look forward to catching up Mark

Cheers,
    Sheree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Zeroharm!
    Just touching base in here to see how your going & if you are staying (re:cold weather)

Seriously... enjoying NSW and shooing some great shots?
    Enjoy
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Ackary View Post
    Hey Zeroharm!
    Just touching base in here to see how your going & if you are staying (re:cold weather)

Seriously... enjoying NSW and shooing some great shots?
    Enjoy
    Hi Wazza.. I am in a bit of shock with the weather!! Drove to Sydney over the weekend and saw snow for the first time in I have no idea how long!! I love it Not too many photos as yet.. But soon to change
    Last edited by WhoDo; 12-08-2012 at 9:48pm. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't help it: I have seen this thread for quite a while, but today it came up as 55 days old!

So I thought, have you settled in yet? Were you shifting from Peking?
    m.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    I couldn't help it: I have seen this thread for quite a while, but today it came up as 55 days old!

So I thought, have you settled in yet? Were you shifting from Peking?
    m.
    I am just keen that's all Posted long before I left so I could get to meet some like minded people tis all I have been here "officially" for 3 weeks.. Takes time Am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading to Parkes in October

Looking for a specific sign to take a photo of cause I am childish.
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechawombat View Post
    Heading to Parkes in October, Looking for a specific sign to take a photo of cause I am childish.
    Hmmm... I wonder which sign that would be

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to NSW hoping all goes well for you and your new job. If you every heading down to Wollongong I'm more than happy to show you around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast