Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Ebay - Canon empty box sale

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay - Canon empty box sale

I wonder what someone would do with all of these?http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CANON-EMP...item7916e9762f

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sell them on ebay like they are?

I'd imagine people would buy them in order to try get a better resale price if they are selling one of those lenses but happened to lose the box.

All seems quite normal/logical to me.
    Canon 60D - 24-105 F4 L - Sigma 10-20 - Kit lenses - 50mm F:1.8 - Tamron 90mm F:2.8 Macro - 430 exII _ Extension Tube Set

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyza View Post
    sell them on ebay like they are?I'd imagine people would buy them in order to try get a better resale price if they are selling one of those lenses but happened to lose the box.All seems quite normal/logical to me.
    If you had say a Canon 24-70mm without a box and you wanted to sell it on eBay for increased sale because of the box. That makes sense, BUT the serial number on the box will be different to the serial number on the lens inside. That could turn a buyer off more than not having a box.You'd have to have a lot of lenses for sale without boxes to make use of 30+ empty boxes!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some grey market sellers purchase a body and twin kit set and sell them all individually with warranties tied to their own warranty repairers. These are currently known as "white box" lenses/bodies. I would feel I'd been had if I purchased a new lens/body from a seller and it was from as split kit and it had not been disclosed in the sales statement. In Australia at least, this practice is illegal.

Also, second hand lenses seem to go for a higher price if they are sold with the "original box". Therefore it might be of interest for the seller to keep the original box for future sales or for some to purchase a pirate copy box for about $40 which seems to be the going rate. I always keep my boxes, so have no need for purchasing another.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX