Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Fog in Port Hedland

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fog in Port Hedland

Doesn't happen very often, but every once in a while the conditions are perfect for a large fog bank to come rolling in across the town. This was taken the other day while on camp.

Fog in Port Hedland? by outstar79, on Flickr

It was rather spooky as we watched it roll in and inundate us and soon visibility was...well you can see, and it started out so clear. It lifted moments later as the sun got higher and drifted upward - slowly dissipating.
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Fog we dont get it much here either Adam, though driving down the Newel Hwy Qld to Vic its was really bad last August
    Had to drive through it for over two hours once up the top of NSW from Moree to Goondiwindi only 120 kms I think took us twice as long.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Going Cold Blooded
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    I like Fog we dont get it much here either Adam, though driving down the Newel Hwy Qld to Vic its was really bad last August
    Had to drive through it for over two hours once up the top of NSW from Moree to Goondiwindi only 120 kms I think took us twice as long.
    The eerie thing about this fog, was one second it was clear then we could see it slowly make its way toward us - it was straight out of a horror movie, cold chill and everything

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dargo High plains Victoria many years ago we were out hunting and not too far from camp thank god! The fog rolled in and No Lie you could hardly see your hand in front of you
    On another trip to the same spot we woke to find the frost was like Stalagmites about 3" long, Man thats cold.
    Nice shot Adam, check out my pp thread again, The fist image was from the camera and no pp. Cheers mate
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar thing in Broome one day years ago, it was so cold I had to wear my woolen Swanndri jacket to go fishing.

The photo worked out ok, I like to check peoples EXIF data, your Focal Length was only 34 mm??

Was it focusing on the fog just in front of the lens?

Going Cold Blooded
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    We had a similar thing in Broome one day years ago, it was so cold I had to wear my woolen Swanndri jacket to go fishing.

The photo worked out ok, I like to check peoples EXIF data, your Focal Length was only 34 mm??

Was it focusing on the fog just in front of the lens?
    Yeah 34mm, usually shoot 18mm but didn't want the road in the picture as well. Focus was on the central trees with centre weighted metering and was shooting more or less directly into the rising sun through the fog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too loooove fog. It is so mysterious .... you just don't know what is beyond it!! I so want to get out when the fog is here in the valley and take some pics. You did well with this one.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny