User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Keepers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keepers

Short and sweet question; what do you do with the shots that aren't your keepers?

I'm trying to come up with a workflow and have been reading the Kelby Lightroom books, Scott suggests to make two collections - one for the keepers and one for the best/portfolio shots.

From a shoot of about 50-100 I usually come away with maybe 10 that I'm super happy with, do I just delete the rest? Is there any reason to keep them around, assuming I'm not going to try to post-process the hell out of them in order to make them better/salvageable?

Curious to see what the consensus is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try and grade them, the ones that have no future get binned the maybe one day just hibernate on a back up disk, I only the keep the ones I like handy. Sometimes you find that something that had no future ends up handy as a background or a genre specific competition.
    Cris

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I import into lightroom and then spend several minutes in the Library module. I go from photo to photo and hit X on any I don't want to keep. Then after viewing all the import, I delete all the rejected (X) photos.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography