Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abbey Medieval Festival 7-8 July 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashc View Post
    They should ban spectators at events and only let photographers in so we don't have to edit out all the heads and arms that get in the way
    I did notice the festival does allow you to register as a photographer - no idea how difficult that is to get

Still doesnt really deal with the crowd in the background of shots of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    I did notice the festival does allow you to register as a photographer - no idea how difficult that is to get

Still doesnt really deal with the crowd in the background of shots of course
    Of course, the real truth is that the spectators also make the festival what it is and it wouldn't be the same without them. What costume did you wear.

I tried to get into the 1230pm jousting but it was full. I was glad I hadn't when it rained. Instead, I went at 2.30pm and sat in that driving rain instead. Still worth the inconvenience though. I also went Sunday and it was dry for me.
    Last edited by flashc; 18-07-2012 at 10:28pm.
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, the real truth is that the spectators also make the festival what it is and it wouldn't be the same without them.
    True of course, and I was just another spectator myself

What costume did you wear.
    Overweight nerd ;-)

I missed the jousting on the Sat, but caught 2 sessions of it on the Sunday, much better weather until later in the afternoon.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is another one from the first jousting session. just twig with highlight and shadow and smart sharpen. i seemed to have my shutter speed a little slow. will be posting some more from the abbey festival later on. look around the photo and notice where the lances have splintered to. ian(aka pappa smurf)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    here is another one from the first jousting session. just twig with highlight and shadow and smart sharpen. i seemed to have my shutter speed a little slow. will be posting some more from the abbey festival later on. look around the photo and notice where the lances have splintered to. ian(aka pappa smurf)

Is it me or is your photo not showing up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant see it either

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry guys how is this. hope it comes out. do not know what happened. ian(aka pappa smurf) ps can some one tell me why i am getting two photos instead of one 'cause this is the third time this has happened.

Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    sorry guys how is this. hope it comes out. do not know what happened. ian(aka pappa smurf) ps can some one tell me why i am getting two photos instead of one 'cause this is the third time this has happened.

{[img]http://....ausphotography.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=91376[.img]}

Looks like you took the extra rope out too. I did, because it was in the way. Do you usually attach your pics to your posts. This is your attachment text with a change to see it.

My pics for this website are all held in Photobucket and they show here without any problems. (well... except for my bad processing)

This is one of my jousting pics. The rest are unedited still.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your comment flashc, i do not have an account with flickr or anyone else, i just upload straight from the exturnal hard drive after working on them. ian(aka pappa smurf) ps i still have a a few to work on myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is on again this year on the 6th/7th July and i'll be going up early.

Prices Adult $27 at the gate or $24 prepaid.

http://abbeytournament.com/events-an...al-tournament/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do this to a lessor degree in Paramatta in Sydney. I wish the was a good one down here. I'd love to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12