Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strictfunctor View Post
    My set, to be added to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strictf...7630461559574/

I went on the Saturday with a 1-day-old 5D3, and got royally rained on. I trusted the weather sealing. As far as i know, it held up.
    Hi...

I just had a look at your Abbey Photos and some of your rodeo pics - your 5D mk III shots are great. Can't knock your 5D II or 7D shots either. You would have seen my rainy pic on the Sunday at the Abbey, below.
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashc View Post
    Hi...

I just had a look at your Abbey Photos and some of your rodeo pics - your 5D mk III shots are great. Can't knock your 5D II or 7D shots either. You would have seen my rainy pic on the Sunday at the Abbey, below.
    Thanks! The getting wet bit, in exchange for some softer light, was a fair trade. So many better shots than last year.
    Gear monkey and proud. Brisbane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do mean the 1230pm session on Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strictfunctor View Post
    Thanks! The getting wet bit, in exchange for some softer light, was a fair trade. So many better shots than last year.
    The light was good and my photos came out better than I originally thought after looking at some I took at 1/40 sec and 200mm when the sun disappeared off and on. When on AV, I need to force myself to keep a check on the the shutter speed in the viewfinder to see if it drops off when the light dims.

Spent 4 hours yesterday just picking those that make the grade for further processing - went to bed at 4.00am after the little popup message appeared on the top of my Aus Photography screen. They should ban spectators at events and only let photographers in so we don't have to edit out all the heads and arms that get in the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should ban spectators at events and only let photographers in so we don't have to edit out all the heads and arms that get in the way
    I did notice the festival does allow you to register as a photographer - no idea how difficult that is to get

Still doesnt really deal with the crowd in the background of shots of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    I did notice the festival does allow you to register as a photographer - no idea how difficult that is to get

Still doesnt really deal with the crowd in the background of shots of course
    Of course, the real truth is that the spectators also make the festival what it is and it wouldn't be the same without them. What costume did you wear.

I tried to get into the 1230pm jousting but it was full. I was glad I hadn't when it rained. Instead, I went at 2.30pm and sat in that driving rain instead. Still worth the inconvenience though. I also went Sunday and it was dry for me.
    Last edited by flashc; 18-07-2012 at 9:28pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, the real truth is that the spectators also make the festival what it is and it wouldn't be the same without them.
    True of course, and I was just another spectator myself

What costume did you wear.
    Overweight nerd ;-)

I missed the jousting on the Sat, but caught 2 sessions of it on the Sunday, much better weather until later in the afternoon.