Thread: ADOBE LR3 Help

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ADOBE LR3 Help

Hi all,

I'm looking for some fault finding help please, I was changing some Canon RAW files yesterday afternoon to .DNG to put to DVD/CD. Once the file conversion was complete, I went back to get started on a new batch when I came across the attached fault.

I rebooted machine, still same error. I put my LR3 disc into machine, tried the repair steps, still get error message. So I uninstalled via the LR3 disc, shut down machine, re-install LR3 and still get same fault.

The one thing I did notice is that I didn't have to re-enter product key, Im wondering if this is completely un-installing when I ask it to via the disc promps?

I purchased the disc new, original not piraited, less than 6 months ago.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. Not much to go on with that error message. Have you looked at your PC logs to see if there is an error associated with this and if so what code it gives? As usual with troubleshotting it may or may not be useful information but it is a start.

To find the error code:

Right click on My Computer and then left click on Manage.

Have a look in the Windows Logs folders, try Applications and / or System folders to see if there is an Error event associated with the problem - they are time stamped so it should be possible to create the error by trying to open LR and then looking in the logs for any entries. Once you have that it is a case of researching online to see if anyone has an answer.

Have you gone to the Adobe forums? There may be some help there also.

Sorry, not a magic fix but at least a start point

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a corrupt catalogue, Blue. That's the database LR creates of where your images are and one thing you don't delete and replace when you do a complete rebuild of the software. Search the Adobe Knowledge Base to see if they have a solution or a tool to fix. Alternatively, you will need to delete the corrupt catalogue and catalogue all of your images again. You shouldn't lose your side-car files that show how the images were processed, but in any case you have backups, right?
    Last edited by WhoDo; 10-06-2012 at 1:05pm.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDo View Post
    Looks like a corrupt catalogue, Blue. That's the database LR creates of where your images are and one thing you don't delete and replace when you do a complete rebuild of the software. Search the Adobe Knowledge Base to see if they have a solution or a tool to fix. Alternatively, you will need to delete the corrupt catalogue and catalogue all of your images again. You shouldn't lose your side-car files that show how the images were processed, but in any case you have backups, right?
    Cheers Waz, mate I've been searching the Knowldege base, but the problems LR shows in knowledge base is missing or moved pics, I can't even open LR, click on Desktop icon and I the attached error, thats why I wwent to the extent or remove and re-install, but no joy.

I just loaded in into the wifes Mac Book, no problems, reads everything fine, so I have no idea, and Knowledge base isn't really helping.

Rang customer support and got some bloke in india whom could hardly speak english, quality, pay for what you get I guess.

No happy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are correct that when you uninstalled LR it does not completely uninstall all files.
    http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/...sta__Windows_7
    at the bottom of this link are the links to tell you how to manually delete the leftover files. I would give that a try and the reboot and reinstall.

I would tend to agree with Waz about the corrupt catalogue. perhaps you are still getting the error after reinstalling because the original catalogue file wasn't being deleted.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got home and have found that the LR people have sent me a simple fix, just need to go to the preferences file in Adobe and put (.old) at the end of file path, and tada. Man I'm glad, lost nothing, and Yes Waz, after loosing a 2 TB HD before, I back every thing up.

Thanks all....