User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: AP : the back-end of the site

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AP : the back-end of the site

Kym posted earlier using our test member 'Creative', and I explained in the thread that we have a test user, so we (the mods and I) can see the site how a member sees it. This got me to thinking, why not show members a bit of the site back-end. What the mods and I get to see.

So here goes:

The below screen grab shows an extra menu that gives us access to things like the competition system, which is where we create competitions, move them to voting stages etc
    mods-menu.jpg

The below grab shows the competition system with some current competitions. From here we can add new competitions, edit them, view the entries, move a competition to voting, disqualify entries, reveal member details at the completion of a competition, and more
    comp-sys.jpg

The one lets us edit the site home page, adding competition winners etc. bump or de-bump threads, and gather site statistics and information. I have blanked out a couple of these as they are about site management and member details.
    modsmenu2.jpg

This shows the AP moderators chat. We often discuss issues in real-time in the chat facility. Again I have blanked out sections that are member names or threads we are talking about.
    chat.jpg

And finally, the moderators forums. These are where we setup new threads, or dump spammers threads to. This is where our Anonymous Critic (AC) creates their critique threads during the week and then the whole thread is move to the Photo of the Week forum, once voting has finished and the winners have been announced. We also have a tutorials forum that has step by step instructions for moderators on how do things, like delete posts, ban spammers, move threads, etc.
    mods-forums.jpg

I hope you found this little tour of interest.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some more

Inside a competition. Showing the entries, who entered them. This screen allows us to disqualify/delete entries. It is also where we check entries during the entry phase. We check for watermarks etc. This competition is complete and winners announced, so I am not revealing anything by letting you see usernames next to entries here
    comp-entries.jpg

We also have a complete admin/moderator back-end. This is where we can create new forums, delete forums, change the order of forums. Ban spammers, search for members, search IP addresses, which we use if the site reports that someone has created two accounts. etc.
    admin.jpg

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If anyone has questions about any of the above, please feel free to ask.