Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: people using my photos for commercial promotion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on a positive outcome Patrick
    D5000 Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm VR, Tamron 70-300mm, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR, Marumi/Hoya Filters
    "There are times when words fall out of my mouth at the very same time they entered my head.. Apologies in advance for those times"
    "I don't get mad, I get better"

Sheree

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickv View Post
    The staff is about 20 people and I imagine they'll require head shot + full body shot for each of them, with also probably a few group shots.
    So potentially 55 - 60 images?

Quote Originally Posted by patrickv View Post
    It's a lot of work to take that many pictures and then process them.
    I'm sorry Patrick but if you consider 60 images to be a lot of work I seriously don't think that you are anywhere near ready to take on such a job.

The costing for such a job should purely be based around the hourly rate that you have determined to be feasible for yourself to work at + overheads of course . Whether it is 60 or 600 images, apply the rate.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charge the the $1000 they should have paid you for stealing your photo. That will make it square wont it??

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks IAM for your encouragements, I appreciate it!
    I'd just like to say that "a lot" not any absolute, it's always relative to something, and twenty people is twenty times more than what I'm used to do. Also you may be very fast to get super pictures. I'm not. These people are professional dancers, I can't settle for an "average joe" corporate shot, so while I might get lucky right off the bat with some of them, I don't expect to get anything good in less than 20-30min and many dozen photos for each person. This quickly adds up...

Thanks Aussiegirl, it might be a good idea. Considering the number of people I'm thinking about doing two 3-4hr sessions for each half of them or something similar. Anyway I'll meet up with the director to figure out exactly what they want... If it all goes well I'd like to share the results here by the way.

Any other cool tips?
    Last edited by patrickv; 02-07-2012 at 11:45am.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update.
    Can't help about prices, other than to search though this and the New to Photography forums. It's come up many times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12