User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Dawn Service - Taking photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dawn Service - Taking photos

I was thinking of going to the local dawn service tomorrow and photographing it unobtrusively. Do you guys think that is disrespectful?

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will need your flash! Last service I went to I did see quite a few camera flashes. That was at the Melbourne Shrine. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting I was going to take a tripod and try for longish exposures. If I do end up going I'll prob take both to be on the safe side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I headed to the local service in Bunbury both to pay respects and also to set up a tripod in an elevated vantage point on a tripod and take photos of the overall scene. However I was running late, the service was just starting when I got there and there were a number of other people around the spot that I had in mind. I decided that it may be disrespectful to set up at that point so I left the gear in the car.

The upside is that I went for a wander after the service and got some nice shots, best of both worlds. I suppose that sometimes it is good to put the camera aside and just be present in the moment.