Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Cabarita sunrise (and possibly Kirra sunset) Monday 25 June

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cabarita sunrise (and possibly Kirra sunset) Monday 25 June

Hi all,

The wife, kids and I are heading down to Cooloongatta later this month for the school holidays, and I'm planning on doing a couple of sunrise/sunset shoots while I'm down there. I'm going to be at Cabarita on Monday, 25 June, and possibly also Kirra for a sunset the same day (I'm hoping its low tide). Anyways, if anyone would like to meet me there, feel free to do so. I know being a Monday its a little hard, so no pressure or anything, just putting it out there!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Simon

P.S. - If you know of any other great spots in Northern NSW to shoot, don't be shy. I'm Brisbane-based, so I only ever go as far as Nobby's Beach when I'm doing sunrises. Any pointers welcome.
    I appreciate and value constructive criticism...

Humble beginnings: D700, Nikon 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 20mm f/2.8, Nikon D90 (with optional battery grip), Nikon 35mm f/1.8, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Nikon 10-24mm DX, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D ED, SB-700, CPL filters, Cokin NGD filter (soft/grey), Cokin ND filter 8, Hitech Prostop 10 ND filter, Manfrotto National Geographic Tripod, Adobe Photoshop CS5

www.simontepoortenphotography.com.au

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early start for me on Mondays but I might be able to make the arvo, Kirra or northern Rainbow(under Greenmount) would be good for sunset, and yep low tide would be best. Northern NSW , Hastings Point is a great choice as well for sunrise.
    Ill keep an eye on this one
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, I'll look at Hastings Point too. Great, Greenmount could be a goer instead of Kirra. We'll touch base closer to the date to see if all is well to go ahead.
    :-)

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, in case you were curious, I still head out for the sunset, and here's a couple of the snaps I got. I decided to go to Greenmount instead of Kirra....

Flickr 1 by Simont81, on Flickr

And another of the same sunset...

Flickr 2 by Simont81, on Flickr

I took so many shots, both in the morning and the afternoon, but there's just too many to upload at this point. I hope you guys enjoy them and maybe we'll get a chance to meet up soon for another shoot!
    Last edited by Simont81; 26-06-2012 at 9:59pm.