Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats on your walls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats on your walls?

.....I'm curious. What's hanging on the walls of AP members?

I have an abstract canvas on the only wall in my dining area that resembles a cross between a heart monitor read out and high rises reflecting off water. ( well that's my take on it ) It's a space filler. One day I hope to replace it with a cityscape or landscape of some kind.

My other wall space is bare awaiting A large mono or many small ones like a little mini gallery.

I have a large framed poster of Buddhist monks in a sunlit gully. There's words on it too. Something about the way to happiness.....

Whats on everyones wall...or wishing to be ?
    Last edited by Kerrie; 04-06-2012 at 4:54pm.

Pentax K-r
    Da 15mm & 70mm Ltds, Fa 35mm f2, F 50mm f1.7
    Da*200mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 28-105 f2.8

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few photos hanging in my 'studio' -

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Kerrie

Our unit in Tuncurry has about 25-30 photos of varying sizes littering the walls + passageway
    Many are 5x7 in size, many are 10 x 15 in size and a couple are 16 x 24 in size

I have a collection of photos in mat boards and every so often I slip out the old ones & slip in the 'other' ones so that visitors never know what to expect ... it also cuts down on storage space for thick frames

I guess that I have about 100 images in mat boards just waiting to be put into circulation - trouble is I look at 'em and say 'seen it before' and give it away to someone for them to keep :-)

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Kerrie,a very interesting thread... I am actually an artist first and a "hopeful" photographer second. I do love them both though. As for walls and stuff hanging on them... i have 5 paintings on a very small section of wall .... and about 5 or so floating around leaning up against whatever is available to lean on and always one on the easel. I am a very messy and untidy "artist". No photography - oh sorry... the kids got one of my pictures on a canvas for me.... it leans also. The "doing" is more important than the hanging for me although I do hang some in other peoples places. This thread could probably be an insight into personalities.
    Kathy

Using a Nikon D90 and 18-200mm VR lens

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A 1mtr wide pano of a sunrise at the tessellated pavement.
    8 landscape photos
    A photo of my mum running with the Olympic torch
    Photos of my dogs (present ones and past ones)
    A watercolour painting by a nonaganerian, who painted it for me, as her last ever painting
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread.

I have a whole lot of wall paint a few dints that need filling oh and a couple large prints of mine ;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three B/W's of a weekend I had with my boys and hubby in Sydney.
    Two canvas's I painted.
    A hallway with many family photos.
    Two Caricatures of me and the hubby, one from sydney one from Melbourne.
    And a very large blank wall just begging for something.
    Cheers
    Sandy

New to photography and loving the challenge

Canon EOS 7D , EF-S 18-135mm lens, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM , EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS II, Sigma 10-20mmf4-5.6 EX , Extension tubes.
    Fujifilm finepix S9500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my bedroom I have a variety of of my prints 18x12 inches, mainly photos from trip to Poland in winter, and a few sun set sun rise shots from port Philip bay.
    A big promotional poster/advert from "sorry grandma" night club in Melbourne, Movie posters; Pulp Fiction, Planet Terror and Death Proof (Tarantino fan :])
    Polish and Australian Flags
    And a big stencil cut out. It's Frank's head from donny darko on a tuxedo, about 2.5 metres in height.
    Canon 60D - 24-105 F4 L - Sigma 10-20 - Kit lenses - 50mm F:1.8 - Tamron 90mm F:2.8 Macro - 430 exII _ Extension Tube Set

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do cobwebs count
    No really, we have not long finished building so I have plenty of blank wall space waiting to be filled. The hallway has a heap of family photos of varying sizes. Bedroom has a canvas of my son and a few smaller ones of hubby and son in frames on the bedside (doesn't really count as on the wall though).
    The kitchen has an 8x12 landscape.
    I plan on doing a triptych in greens and white for the bedroom wall and I have a few things lined up for the lounge too.
    My sons room has a dinosaur scene on a Manhattan city street. I created it from stock images and a tutorial. He loves it - the dinosaur has a taxi cab in it's mouth and it has meteorites etc landing in the street
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only I had more wall space! We have a huge print "Portrait of Dora Maar" - Pablo Picasso, in our living room. It was given to us from a neighbour when the exhibition was in Melbourne. They also gave us two butterfly prints which are in the same room. I have a small shelf that has photos of the kids and parents/grandparents in the same room.

The kitchen has my husbands family home's architectural drawing in a frame. The architecture had two different ones drawn up and he got one framed and his sister got the other.

I have two water colour paintings from a local artist - Kit Neave - in our bedroom (one is of a fish, the other a religious looking water thing!). I looove her work.

Various family photos down one hall (that goes to the office) with an architectural drawing of the Sydney Harbor Bridge (we purchased when over there - a last minute decision to go one long weekend before we were married).

A signed limited edition of a Star Wars print between my two son's bedrooms.

We have just finished renovating our entrance hall and I can't wait to find the perfect picture/s to go up there....maybe mine? Maybe an AP member's photo?? My ensuite wall is crying out for a print as well...and I think I have found the perfect photo to go on there. I saw it on here the other day and fell in love with the simplicity and colour. Just need to find the money!!

My hubby's office has photos of him and his family framed, one of our past dogs framed on the wall and of course the kids. He also has old tin Holden signs that have been specially framed.

I guess if it doesn't have a deep meaning for us, it doesn't go up!!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for sharing. It's wonderful .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the OP for a wonderful thread and to all those who responded.
    I have a 1m mono wedding shot, 5 canvases by my daug, 2 18" metallic prints of mine and couple of 'girly' prints (girls flowers dresses etc). Oh, and my academic qualifications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I hate to say that the biggest stuff on our walls isn't even my work.
    we have:
    2x 30 x 40 inch canvases from our wedding (Matthew Evans Photography - Brilliant!)
    2x Metalic print Pano's A1 Width Landscapes
    2x A3 prints I did from Bali
    1x Old Red Cedar wooden door (for a midget) with 3 Hand painted depiction of the Hindi Gods (Shiva, Ganesh and I forgot the name of the other)

and I'm going to get the Pano (Melbourne Graffiti) that Rick put into the AP Newsletter (Thaks Rick) recently put onto a big ole piece of canvas. I'm thiking 50 x 150 (Ish)
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, my wall currently has a 22x32 inch mono on metallic framed of Mt Ngauruhoe that is one of my favourite photos, still love that the guy in the framing shop said, is this an Ansell Adams (note I laughed and then managed to get my head out the door :P),

And when I can afford to frame it I have a 24x36 inch crawler lightning on metallic from near Parkes. Easily my best lightning shot by far, and I've shot alot of it. Hopefully when I get home I will be able to add a tornado print from the other night, a sunset rope.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finishing up renos so it's all empty hehe
    We have a painting of Amadablam from Nepal in another room with 3 landscapes of a ridgeline in scotland, cradle mountain and godafoss from iceland on the opposite wall.
    Looking forward to decorating the new walls!
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The usual family/wedding/dogs.
    Paintings and prints from one daughter.
    Photos by other daughter.
    Some photos by a photographer friend.
    A painting from a small studio in Yogyakarta.
    Photos of ' special moments ' ( to me ) eg:-
    Hiking in the Dolomites ( Italy )
    My wife on top of a peak in northern Nepal, on the Tibetan border.
    A sunrise taken while standing chest-deep in the Grose River
    A sunset through grasslands outside Gosler ( Germany ).
    Sunset in the Thar Desert ( Rajasthan )

Two photographs by Peter Dombrovskis.
    And no more wall- space.
    Last edited by Ionica; 05-06-2012 at 11:24am.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two years after having house built we still have nothing on walls. Big collection of prints and painting in a storeroom awaiting sorting and hanging. Will get around to it one day soon I hope...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jz a collage of wedding pics at the moment.
    Been planning a large art piece in the living room but jz waiting for funds to recover.
    Otherwise, just an assortment of mirrors.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cushions. I live in a Padded Cell
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a wonderful and interesting thread Kerrie On my walls, I have:

1) a photo collage that a dear friend made for my Christmas present, almost 2 years ago now;

2) a 3d photo of 2 wolves (being my favourite animals

The rest of my walls are blank at the moment, but looking at changing that once I re-paint and renovate my room
    Live Fast Die Fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast