User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal and ebay experiences - anyone ?

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    Unfortunately, they are asking for you to log in, so we can't see this article.
    They must have changed something over there Lance unfortunately in regards to non-registered members being able to browse because they used to be able to.

Have a look at this link about a Leica that was just posted on the link you can't open (this one will open for you) -

http://www.gearjournal.com/2012/03/the-stolen-leica-m3/
    Last edited by Bear Dale; 04-06-2012 at 4:23pm.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting story Jim . Love to see how it turns out. One might think on that evidence that ebay would have to reassess its original decision and maybe even compensate the seller something extra for being without his money for some time and his goods as Mongo understands they can direct you to return the goods.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo,

I forgot to mention this in my previous post but don't go on just the 100% postive feedback. I had 100@feedback for 5 year of high sales. I had a negative come up and I was gobsmacked because they said the item was broken. I disbuted this because it was packed professionally. I was so angry at their attitude it was not something that could be replaced. After sometime I got a message from this buyer saying how sorry they were but the son had dropped the item and they wanted a refund. I t was not until they were selling on Ebay themselves they understoof how important that feedback is. Good luck. I am sure there are many not so happy stories btu like always two sides to a story.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    Mongo,

I forgot to mention this in my previous post but don't go on just the 100% postive feedback. I had 100@feedback for 5 year of high sales. I had a negative come up and I was gobsmacked because they said the item was broken. I disbuted this because it was packed professionally. I was so angry at their attitude it was not something that could be replaced. After sometime I got a message from this buyer saying how sorry they were but the son had dropped the item and they wanted a refund. I t was not until they were selling on Ebay themselves they understoof how important that feedback is. Good luck. I am sure there are many not so happy stories btu like always two sides to a story.
    Mongo really does not understand this !! The buyer admitted getting the goods then his son breaking them and still wanted a refund ????? Tell him to go jump ! Additionally, on the strength of that email to you from the buyer, Ebay should have immediately corrected your feedback (on the basis it was false to begin with) and given you one very big apology !

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an addendum to my previous post I'd like to mention that I was asked to have the disputed software 'assessed' by an independent entity, in my case a local Microsoft dealer, who agreed that the software was a counterfeit copy.

As such it was deemed illegal to be 'transported by mail' and I was asked not to return the item but instead to destroy the disc and sign off on it's destruction.

I believe my successful outcome was due in no small way to the fact that I acted quickly in raising a dispute before PayPal had passed on my payment to the seller. One can only speculate on what the result may have been if my funds had already been disbursed.

Cheers

Kevin
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12