Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: video with 150-500mm and nikon d7000 useful info

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

video with 150-500mm and nikon d7000 useful info

I have not been interested in using the video capability of this camera after an initial trial at the beach where the lens i was using searched for focus and made a horrible noise.
    I have been using my sigma 150 -500 lens for birds and the birds in my yard come quite close to feed. I have found that if I lock the lens at 150 and have the camera on or off a tripod I can get lovely short vids of the birds action.
    locked at 150 it becomes a very useful video set up. It is possible to trim the video etc in camera too. now I just need to get the videos onto a dvd with some photos to make a good tv display
    Vera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only lock the zoom Vera, Unless the lens keeps a constant aperture while zooming, Also you only have manual focus , Shoot in manual and give it f11 and shutter speed at least if not more than double the Frames /Sec , Auto ISO if you have it for a start
    Last edited by William; 30-05-2012 at 5:28pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters