Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Nikon D7000 focus problem - help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D7000 focus problem - help

Good morning,

I have a D7000 which I love. I have somehow managed to set the autofocus to a point on the right hand side. it appears in the view finder as a small focal square on the third line. This of course is very limiting, it won't auto focus without me having that square on the subject.....which is rather limiting for composition. I don't know what I pressed or what I set in the menu but I really want to get my normal focus back. I have been through the menu and the manual and I still can't work out what I did. Any help would be much appreciated.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RYM! = Read Your manual.

I think that you have shifted the focus point with the 4 way thumb pad which is a normal thing to do when selecting alternate focus points.

Also, check to see that you have not engaged the focus point "lock" with the switch on the outside of the thumb pad.

Edited, the lock switch is the little lever with the L below the thumb pad as in this image. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Niko...dtoD90back.jpg
    Last edited by I @ M; 26-05-2013 at 10:27am.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I knew it would be something really stupid. I read through my manual and I still couldn't work it out so I came here. Will try that now and see if it fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! That is hilarious. Fixed in two seconds. seriously I have been shooting that way for a month because I could not work it out......special.