Quote Originally Posted by wideangle View Post
Thanks Rick for your experience and advice, sounds like the investment in a 100MM system is worth it as it's flexible if moving to better glass such as the Lee filters. Have you used cokin and lee filers, what are you experiences with them in terms of IQ?
I have all Cokin filters except my 10 stop ND which is Lee. I am happy with all of them. I have experienced a magenta cast with stacked Cokin filters, once. A while back on AP we discussed the colour cast issue with stacked filters and found it was more prevalent in with Canon users, and we started surmising that it was possibly a white balance issue (when set to Auto White Balance), in that the camera was tricked by the filters into assuming the white balance was different to what it should be, and therefore the AWB was creating the colour cast. In the discussion, we even had some example shots from members of the colour cast and in each case it was correctable with an adjustment to their WB in post processing. I would not deem it to be a reason not to get a few Cokin filters. For my Z-Pro system I have ND 2 4 8 / NDGrad 2 4 (broke my 8) / Lee 10 stop / polariser (price ouch) / blue grad, orange grad and a tobacco grad.