Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Gone Chasin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone Chasin'

Hey Folks,
    Seperate to other stuff you would have seen from me on the site (DVD etc.), I'm heading off for another US chase season in about 7 hours. If you would like to keep track of my photography during the next few weeks keep an eye on the landscapes/panoramics forums here as I put my D800 through its paces, but the majority of my shots along with writeups on each day will be posted on www.huntersofthunder.com so if your interested, keep an eye on it daily. Anyway, will be relatively quiet in other forum areas while on the trip so take care everyone.

Cheers,
    John
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks,
    Just a follow up to this, pictures from the first day are up...very happy with the D800 and 70-200 combo that is for sure.
    You can check out the pictures at: http://www.huntersofthunder.com/2012...lo-on-ice.html

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like your having fun. Keep at it. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words Brian

Just figured I'd keep y'all in the loop (necessary to use that expression given I am in Amarillo Texas), we had an amazing day on the 25th with 11 tornadoes, and I have just posted the first of two blog posts on this day. Probably worth checking out if you are interested, there are plenty of pictures on the blog from testing out my D800.

http://www.huntersofthunder.com/2012...s-classic.html