I need some advice on my current ciurcumstance.

I bought a 550D + 18-55 + 55-250 + 50f1.8 in mid 2010, and have since clocked up 26,000 clicks. I also added a Canon 10-22 (14 months ago), Sigma 30 f1.4 (10 months ago) and a Canon 100L f2.8 macro (4 months ago). I am getting close to upgrade time and want to move to full-frame.

I had been keeping an eye on the 5D3's rumour progression, and love the look of it - but such a hefty price tag, and with my wife on maternity leave for our first child, it is impossible for me to even think about buying a 5D3 anytime soon. This is my main caveat, the lack of petty cash to splash.

So with the recent price drop of the 5D2, it has me thinking. Would buying a brand new camera which has 3 year old technology be a silly move now? Or shouid I be more patient and wait 12 months to see if the 5D3 drops a bit, and we have more money to spend? I kinda think buying old technology is sometimes not a good move, but does the 5D2 challenge that mentality?

With my current gear lineup, I would trade up the Sigma 30 for a 50 and keep the macro lens - this would leave me with only 2 lenses, and neither of them are very wide or very long, so I would be missing a lens or 2. So this would also impact either waiting for a 5D3 or buying 5D2 sooner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an ideal world, I would keep my 550D + 10-22 + 100L macro, and sell the rest, but then I began to wonder what kind of cash would I likely get if I was to sell my current gear?

- 550D has 26k clicks (would obviously bundle with the 3 cheap lenses below)
- 18-55 hardly used
- 55-250 used a bit more, but still great condition
- 50 f1.8

- 10-22 is 14 months old
- Sigma 30 is 10 months old

All lenses have no scratches, as they have had UV filters on since day dot on all of them. Never dropped or anything, I treat all them well.

I just wonder if I were to get rid of it all, how I would go buying a 5D2 + 16-35ii + 70-200f4 IS? Would selling off my 550D be worth it?

Decisions, decisions...