User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: An Update on my H2 problem (for those who knew)

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Update on my H2 problem (for those who knew)

The two 'componnts' are not communicating. The H2 is working perfectly, the P20 ditto - BUT - if the P20 is switched on then the H2 will NOT switch on. It's a big relief to know the camera is not faulty as I am trying to raise the funds for the H4X upgrade, & it means I can do the trade up with an easy mind - it would have felt like cheating to try and do it if the H2 was faulty and I would not have gone ahead.

My Tassie friend Brett (who does amazing camera repairs) suggested it may be a secondary battery in either of the components - can anyone enlighten me if the H2 has such a battery. If so, what size and how can I get it replaced?

Any help/suggestions will be very gratefully received!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be somewhere on the net that can tell you what size battery you need for the Hassy.
    Have you tried Google?
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an internal battery and can only be replaced by the company. But it appears the problem is with the P20 and the fix could cost up to $2,500 as it is part of the condenser. I am actually thinking of going over to a Mamiya 645DF & Leaf back and selling all the H gear on eBay.