User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: unnerved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it dosnt make it right but I hope it was an innocent mistake.
    Wayne

Canon 7D and stuff
    Olympus OMD - EM10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34371137@N03/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole reason for "edit ok" is so that it doesn't take days to get some useful teaching on a photo. If a person believes they can show another how to improve their photo, and does so with "edit ok" permission, it would potentially slow the process to non-existent if they ALSO had to get specific permission repeated by PM first, when they already have it in the profile statement. If you want people to ask first, use the "ask first" option.

As for someone taking your photo off here and posting it to someone on facebook, I find that incredibly bad form. It surely has to be someone that knows you both, and that has to narrow things down a lot. Most posts on facebook have a time stamp, you could maybe help the Admin's to narrow it down, by letting them know the timestamp on the facebook post, that way they can reduce the search to only people who viewed the thread before that time.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    ..... I really hope it's just a misunderstanding and can be resolved quickly.
    Hoping you're right.
    And if so, and the AP member doesn't read f/stop, they don't know you're unnerved.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The site databases do not store a record of what threads people view and when, only what you post to the site.
    Last edited by ricktas; 17-05-2012 at 8:20pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    1. (Edit ok, please provide details) This is ok. But I still think that a PM to the OP would be more appropriate, prior to reposting.
    2. Shelly's incident is one we know about. How many may have been downloaded without our knowledge. This may not be an isolated incident.

Don't get me wrong...... I often download an image and have a play in photoshop prior to giving critique. But I hardly ever repost and always delete it straight after.
    This site has over 17,000 members, with only a small percentage of that are active. There are 164 members, and 267 guests viewing this forum as I write this. Can it be effectively policed for image theft by the small handful of admins and mods.?
    The 267 guests cannot see the members photos forums!

We cannot monitor every single thing that every single member is doing on the site.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezookiel View Post
    The whole reason for "edit ok" is so that it doesn't take days to get some useful teaching on a photo. If a person believes they can show another how to improve their photo, and does so with "edit ok" permission, it would potentially slow the process to non-existent if they ALSO had to get specific permission repeated by PM first, when they already have it in the profile statement. If you want people to ask first, use the "ask first" option.

As for someone taking your photo off here and posting it to someone on facebook, I find that incredibly bad form. It surely has to be someone that knows you both, and that has to narrow things down a lot. Most posts on facebook have a time stamp, you could maybe help the Admin's to narrow it down, by letting them know the timestamp on the facebook post, that way they can reduce the search to only people who viewed the thread before that time.
    You would think so, but I have photography friends and friends. I will be looking and trying to make a connection, but i do have a lot of acquaintances through acquaintances as well, but no one I can think of who is on this forum. I believe the person has not made themselves known to me at all on here during the time they have been on here, for whatever reason.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty disappointing to know that someone would do this, Shelley. I hope you are able to find out who it was.
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaela View Post
    It's pretty disappointing to know that someone would do this, Shelley. I hope you are able to find out who it was.
    I will Michaela, just giving the person a chance to let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about this and wondered if it was an innocent action....."oh, look, there is a picture of Brooke on here!! Wow! Might show her"...said person clicks and saves image then posts on Brookes FB page thinking she/he hasn't done anything wrong, probably doesn't know Shelley or that it was a paid photo shoot and got excited to see a person she/he knows on here! Lets home she/he doesn't take too long to find this thread and contact you ASAP!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    I've been thinking about this and wondered if it was an innocent action....."oh, look, there is a picture of Brooke on here!! Wow! Might show her"...said person clicks and saves image then posts on Brookes FB page thinking she/he hasn't done anything wrong, probably doesn't know Shelley or that it was a paid photo shoot and got excited to see a person she/he knows on here! Lets home she/he doesn't take too long to find this thread and contact you ASAP!
    Yes I agree, easily done when seeing something like that, happens all the time. Photos abound on the net and most don't know about not copying etc. , one of the reasons I don't post everywhere - Brooke posted as her cover page - so whoever copied and pasted - sent it to her by email or whatever - reason I don't know how she got it.

Brooke obviously likes the photo very much. I have asked her, just waiting for a reply.
    Last edited by Shelley; 17-05-2012 at 10:50pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Yes I agree, easily done when seeing something like that, happens all the time. Photos abound on the net and most don't know about not copying etc. , one of the reasons I don't post everywhere - Brooke posted as her cover page - so whoever copied and pasted - sent it to her by email or whatever - reason I don't know how she got it.

Brooke obviously likes the photo very much. I have asked her, just waiting for a reply.
    It is still not acceptable but it is not quite as bad as putting it on FB themselves which is what I thought happened. I can understand how unsettling this would be for you. I don't know the shot concerned but I'm glad she loved the shot - but I would expect her to love your photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shelley, this is very disappointing for you. Even if it is probably not outright theft (as it was given to the subject) it is still not the quality of image you wanted her to have, so it may leave a question mark about your ability (although in saying that even one of your low res images would still be better than most). Obviously the person who took it did not think of that. Peoples work that is given to a client must be of a certain standard, as it is their work and ability as a photographer that is on show.

Rick, I am glad you have taken that stand, it shows commitment to the integrity of the site with regards to peoples work, which is great. Nobody should ever download somebody else's images without express permission from the photographer.

I hope you get it all sorted Shelley as I would also be rattled in the same situation.
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For info: A software update (later in 2012) to the site will allow the mods and myself to see who has viewed threads on the site, even if the member did not comment, we will be able to see the usernames of every member who looked at a particular thread. This could be very helpful in scenario's like the one Shelley has experienced here.
    Last edited by ricktas; 18-05-2012 at 9:45am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think just asking the person (brooke) in question would solve all this - good luck and i am sure it will all come out in the whitewash.

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    For info: A software update (later in 2012) to the site will allow the mods and myself to see who has viewed threads on the site, even if the member did not comment, we will be able to see the usernames of every member who looked at a particular thread. This could be very helpful in scenario's like the one Shelley has experienced here.
    lol, next there will be targeted ads depending on what you look at
    Some Nikon stuff... gerrys photo journey
    https://plus.google.com/+GerardBlacklock
    No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry View Post
    Umm ... you have AP confused with Failbook! Besides, all of our ads are targeted ... at photographers!
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope it get sorted soon honest mistake or not.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry View Post
    I think just asking the person (brooke) in question would solve all this - good luck and i am sure it will all come out in the whitewash.

Nup, that integration is already available. The only ads on AP will be at the top and bottom of every site page and those posted by the site advertisers themselves. I (like everyone else I know) really dislikes ads that are bombarded at you from every angle on websites, so AP will always remain with the ads at the top and bottom only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apologies to shelly for taking this a bit left field

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDo View Post
    Umm ... you have AP confused with Failbook! Besides, all of our ads are targeted ... at photographers!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Nup, that integration is already available. The only ads on AP will be at the top and bottom of every site page and those posted by the site advertisers themselves. I (like everyone else I know) really dislikes ads that are bombarded at you from every angle on websites, so AP will always remain with the ads at the top and bottom only
    now what would be smart would be to monitor what threads people spend their time and and target specific photographic products to them

ie, someone spends lots of time in teh strobist forum and topics - nail them with stobist gear ads.. oh wait...now that sounds like google.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it gets sorted soon for you Shelley. Luckily I haven't had that problem yet and I hope I never will. I am always posting portrait shots on AP and always with low resolution and my logo on them. You just have to hope that everybody on AP does the right thing by you.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brooke at this stage has chosen not to tell me. Also, whoever did this has decided not to let me know. I really don't understand why they did that, when Brooke is getting the shots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast