Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unnerved

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unnerved

Posted a shot in the people forum and I noticed that it has turned up on Brooke's Facebook wall. I will no longer post people shots because whoever passed the photo over to Brooke, said nothing to me and I would have preferred to give her the full resolution. I realise that it's a public forum and there is a risk, hence I will no longer post people stuff.

I would appreciate whoever did that pm, just so I know who did that please. Sorry mods but is has unnerved me. Brooke said it was ok to show photos.

mods, could you please delete my thread in formal and posed. Thank you.
    Last edited by Shelley; 16-05-2012 at 10:07am.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you mods. I wish to further my people photography and I posted low resolution as I have always learnt much from some great photographers on this forum. I do not blame this forum at all and really appreciate the work mods do, was one of the reason I posted here. I do not post my people stuff on other forums only Facebook occasionally. The shot In question was not posted anywhere else or sent to anyone.

Off to work, will check in tonight.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened, Shelley? Did a mod trace who visited the page??? Anything??? Who's Brooke???
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    What happened, Shelley? Did a mod trace who visited the page??? Anything??? Who's Brooke???
    Someone gave the client my photo of her, albeit it a pretty bad resolution. I will speak with her when I can. I would rather give her the original photos.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are investigating and will be treating this as a copyright theft. As the photos critique forums on AP are not publicly visible (you have to be logged in and an active site member) to view them, if we find out who removed (copied/stole) a copy of Shelley's photos, we will be permanently banning them from AP...unless they contact Shelley and offer her a sufficient apology, that she accepts. So I suggest you make the first move, cause if we discover who you are first, you will be named on AP, in this thread and permanently banned! Copyright theft is not on!

The only place Shelley posted this photo was on AP, she had not given a copy to the lady who was the model (Brooke).

Only members of AP who are active can see the Member Photos forums. Non members, Inactive members, and members who have not posted to the site at all - zero posts - do not have access to the photo forums. Try it, log-out and try and access the critique forums. This is in place to ensure members feel safe posting their photos to AP, knowing that their photos can only be seen by other members. Members who are photographers and who we expect to understand copyright and not breach it. Google etc cannot scan/catalogue the member photos forums either, so it cannot have been found via a google search.

So if it was you, as per Shelley's initial post above, send her a PM, before we find out who you are, otherwise the consequences could be harsh.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Someone gave the client my photo of her, albeit it a pretty bad resolution. I will speak with her when I can.
    And then that someone (presumably an AP member who had access to the photo) should offer a good explanation as to why they took your photo from AP and ................
    Last edited by Mark L; 16-05-2012 at 10:49pm. Reason: Rick said what my ...........meant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very dissapointing to hear this. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not good. I thought that the members on here were honest and had integrity.
    Maybe the site should move to not allow any images to be downloaded. And if a member wants someone else to play with their images, a PM will have to suffice.
    There is a few on here that will download an image, have a play in photoshop, and repost it to show the OP what can be done. And some do it without asking first. Which I think is a real No No.
    The site is getting rather large, and getting harder for mods and admin to police. Making the images on here undownloadable would be a better step for security, and members peace of mind.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    That's not good. I thought that the members on here were honest and had integrity.
    Maybe the site should move to not allow any images to be downloaded. And if a member wants someone else to play with their images, a PM will have to suffice.
    There is a few on here that will download an image, have a play in photoshop, and repost it to show the OP what can be done. And some do it without asking first. Which I think is a real No No.
    The site is getting rather large, and getting harder for mods and admin to police. Making the images on here undownloadable would be a better step for security, and members peace of mind.
    Geoff. Next to each members post on the site, is their username and amongst that is their photo editing statement. You need to read that before you make comments about people doing it without permission, cause that editing statement is there for that reason alone. If anyone is aware of a member doing edits etc without the permission of the person who owns the photo(s), report it, we will remove the offending photo and talk to that member. We have not had a reported post related to your claims for over 12 months.

We cannot stop people downloading photos presented on the site, If we disable right-click (file save) for example, you would lose access to things like EXIF data, as you need to be able to right click to get that information.

People can just do a screen capture and get a copy of the photo or any site content (on any website) anyway, and there is no way to disable the ability to do a screen capture.

Members can choose between three photo edit statements:

* Edit ok, please provide details
    * Ask before editing my photos
    * Please don't edit my photos

And these can be changed via this screen in your settings menu, and it will appear next to every post a member makes on the site.
    Last edited by ricktas; 17-05-2012 at 7:40am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really like to know who did this, because they obviously know me and didnt make comment or identify themselves to me. Brooke is getting the photo she just hasn't picked them up from me as she has had her baby.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really like to know who did this, because they obviously know me and didnt make comment or identify themselves to me. Brooke is getting the photo she just hasn't picked them up from me as she has had her baby.
    This is the saddest part for me, Shelley. It has to be someone who knows you both! It is a breach of trust here at AP to download anyone's photos except for the purpose of illustrating CC and with permission of the original poster. I understand why you are unnerved by it. It is a violation of that trust. I too enjoy people photography, but I don't post hi-res images here or anywhere else. It would be a shame not to share your journey of discovery in the new genre because of one unthinking person. I hope this is resolved for you soon.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole experience must be awful for you. Though I am sure you might actually be able to pinpoint who this is yourself....I certainly don't know that many people personally on here! I too hope this is resolved by the offending person 'pm'ing you to apologise....it is the only right thing to do, I believe.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I know birders on here, and I am pretty sure they didn't do it. It could be innocent, just hope whoever did it contacts me. I understand if they didn't realise what they did as this was a paid shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Brook will be able to tell you who gave her the picture on FB?
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FallingHorse View Post
    Surely Brook will be able to tell you who gave her the picture on FB?
    I will ask when she comes out of hospital and comes and sees me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will ask when she comes out of hospital and comes and sees me.
    And if the person who did it has not contacted Shelley before she does find out who, they will be publicly announced as the member involved and banned permanently from AP. So better to own up now via PM to Shelley, than have us find out via Brooke or elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whichever way you look at it and for whatever reasons, it was wrong!!
    Cheers and Happy Shooting
    Cindy

Canon 7D, 50mm, 100mm Macro
    Olympus E-30, 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm
    Photoshop CS5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    * Edit ok, please provide details
    * Ask before editing my photos
    * Please don't edit my photos

And these can be changed via this screen in your settings menu, and it will appear next to every post a member makes on the site.
    1. (Edit ok, please provide details) This is ok. But I still think that a PM to the OP would be more appropriate, prior to reposting.
    2. Shelly's incident is one we know about. How many may have been downloaded without our knowledge. This may not be an isolated incident.

Don't get me wrong...... I often download an image and have a play in photoshop prior to giving critique. But I hardly ever repost and always delete it straight after.
    This site has over 17,000 members, with only a small percentage of that are active. There are 164 members, and 267 guests viewing this forum as I write this. Can it be effectively policed for image theft by the small handful of admins and mods.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer Shelley

Hope it gets sorted quick smart, though I know the damage is already done.........
    Chris

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe AP does a great job and in reality it comes done to integrity and honesty, something I have taught my kids and also shown them by example.

I don't think AP should change anything as where there is a will there will be a way. I really hope it's just a misunderstanding and can be resolved quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast