User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: RF-602 transmitters for 60D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RF-602 transmitters for 60D

I've read contradicting posts on questionable forums and foreign ebay sellers so after clarification from some on AP who has actual experience with the items.

I'm using a canon 60D and Will be using one canon 430 EX II speed lite and one YN 560 Speed lite (for starters using the 2 different speed lites would still work right...? haven't actually bought the 560 yet.)
    assuming answer to previous question is yes would the RF-602 C1 work with the canon 60D, I think the transmitters were produced before the camera was made and since the RF-603's have been released in which the 60D is compatible with the C1 range as opposed the to the C2/3 which are compatible with all the other XXD Bodies.

Reason I'm looking at the 602's rather the 603's is simply because ebay stores happen to be selling them as sets of one transmitter 2 receivers (and have been un able to find the same set for the 603, if some one did could they link me, that'd save a bit of hassle.)

lastly when the receivers are mounted can the little flash stand that comes with the flash function properly ie be balanced and not fall over etc.

Thanks a lot
    Canon 60D - 24-105 F4 L - Sigma 10-20 - Kit lenses - 50mm F:1.8 - Tamron 90mm F:2.8 Macro - 430 exII _ Extension Tube Set

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RF-602's will work perfectly with a 60D (in manual mode only - no E-TTL)
    The 602's don't have a lock on the receiver so whilst they will mount to the little flash stand, they fall off very easily when you move them

The 603's only come in sets of 2 as they are a Transceiver, so each piece will work as a transmitter and a receiver, so just buy as many 2 packs as you need.

I buy mine direct from the Yongnuo store on E-Bay
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/hkyongnuop...=p4634.c0.m322
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for the heads up, them being both transmitters and receivers clears things up a lot, was thoroughly confused why everyone was selling them with out a separate receiver, silly me

Do the 603's have locks on them then?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A useful comparison table here.
    http://dpanswers.com/content/prod_cacynpw.php
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham