Hi I currently have a 550D and have been happily been snapping away with it for 2 years, but am quite disappointed with the dynamic range. That is, often when shooting landscapes (particularly in bright but overcast condtions) it looks great through the viewfinder but the recorded image is very flat with a dark foreground and blown out sky. I'm keen to upgrade to the 5D3, but am wondering how much of an improvement this will provide for dynamic range. The Dxo tests say only very little difference, but I would have expected the full frame 5D3 to have far better DR. Can anyone please tell me their own experience with this? Doesn't matter if you dont have a 5D3 - I'm keen to see the difference with any 5 or 1 model.

Side note - If I just looked at the Dxo tests I'd be looking to trade my Canon lenses for Nikon for low ISO. Is the D800 really that much better and is there really no real difference between the 550D and 5D3? I'd be a very happy man if someone told me the dxo tests are a load of crap.

Thanks a lot!