User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

Thread: Photography theif exposed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photography theif exposed

It never ceases to amaze me, that some photographers are comfortable to blatantly steal other peoples work, and pose it as their own. Here's another example of this...
    Living the dream...

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Refletion of the persons character I say.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beauty of being a beginner...I think I'm safe from that ...for now

Pentax K-r
    Da 15mm & 70mm Ltds, Fa 35mm f2, F 50mm f1.7
    Da*200mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 28-105 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to be a bit hard to explain to customers she won from her webpage, why the images on her webpage were so good, when the ones she took of their wedding weren't so good.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The positive from this story has to be how quickly she got jumped on by other photographers calling for her to own up to her deceit. Just goes to show that, on the internet, you can run but you can't lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the business is still operating...I guess fraud is meaningless in some industries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the feeling, I found that one of my photo won first place in the photo comp. When I informed the company running the show that it was not there photo I never heard back from them.

Not worth the stress as it was a good photo that I still use in the media packs.

I believe in karma
    C&C are welcome on everything I post
    If you always do, What you have always done, You will always have, What you have always had
    Canon 400D - Canon 5D Mark II - 70-200 2.8L - 100 -400L - 1.4 Extender - 100mm 2.8 Macro - Kit Rubbish - 580EXII - and the machine that goes "PING"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The audacity of some people astounds me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact she took so many other peoples work just makes me shake my head. Did she do no work of her own that was worth putting up? Imagine seeing such good work on her website, employing her thinking you were getting the best, then finding out you brought a pig that couldn't take or process photos. Geez. I'm glad they pounced on her. I bet she copped an earful from hubby haha
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I in no way approve of what the thief did, and believe she thoroughly deserves the backlash that occurred, I feel I must give her some credit for having the courage to so quickly publicly & unconditionally apologizing. A lot of people in her situation would have either not cared, or shut down the sites and hid.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLozalot View Post
    Whilst I in no way approve of what the thief did, and believe she thoroughly deserves the backlash that occurred, I feel I must give her some credit for having the courage to so quickly publicly & unconditionally apologizing. A lot of people in her situation would have either not cared, or shut down the sites and hid.
    Too little too late for me, unless she attached a sorry letter to a cheque :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree, a sorry letter in form of cheque to those she ripped off would be a better solution.