Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Having trouble opening RAW (NEF) in CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having trouble opening RAW (NEF) in CS5

Hi

My very lovely computer guy has very kindly put a copy of Photoshop CS5 on my computer Knowing that I have been doing a lot of photo editing, I have got home and went to edit RAW file, after updating the plug - in for CS5 to open the NEF files but it still want open the files I have just been on the Support for Abode and got the biggest idiot that would got given any help at all. So I am just wondering if any or yours know any why to fix the problem

Thanks a lot

Kel

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Photoshop CS5 is over $1000.00 of software. Did you pay for it, or has your 'lovely computer guy' given you a copy?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have payed for it, and I know the price of it as he does all my computer work for me and all my family computers as well he is a lovely guy who likes to help people out where he can
    Last edited by Kel; 10-05-2012 at 8:11pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what camera? : download the right version for your OS : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

Install, restart computer, and try again
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-05-2012 at 8:13pm.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It a nikon D3100 Thanks for that rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even better, don't use CS5 to open your NEF files. Download the free application from Nikon called ViewNX2. Free download and it does a better job at decoding and editing raw files. You can then export them to CS5 or save them as any format you choose.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I found Photoshop easier to use I can't seem to get the same results but that what I have done as I have just un install my Photoshop and deactivated it as I Abode support group could not fix the problem and I go back to using element in stead intill I can my computer guy to get fixed for me Thanks very much for you help

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kel... You should have got "camera Raw" Which normally comes with CS5. If not I think you got a bodgy copy.
    When you double click a RAW (NEF) file in windows explorer, CS5 will open, then a new window will open being "camera Raw". You should have also got "Bridge" with it as well.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it a real copy I just had to update the raw converter for my camera I spent the hole day uploading and reloading programs to get it to work but all is good, Abode technical support were not help but rang my computer guy who helped me work out what was wrong Thanks Geoff, I was a bit worried about if as the price that I payed for it. But I have just started playing around with it know