Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Meet - June 2nd/3rd - Ballina/Lennox Head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National Meet - June 2nd/3rd - Ballina/Lennox Head

It has been decided to hold an Ausphotography National "Meets" Day to celebrate the anniversary of the launch of AP.
    See this thread:
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...onal-Meets-Day

This thread is open for suggestions as to when & where we meet in the Ballina/ Lennox Head area.

Sunday afternoon at Bolder beach is one suggestion.

Please post here to add your suggestion or to let me know you would like to participate.
    Last edited by Wandapics; 09-05-2012 at 1:04pm.
    Barbara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandapics_photography

K-x. Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.8 - 5.6 DC HSM, Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro, Sigma 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL. Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash,
    MZ-60. Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can count me in atm, will be my first meet so looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Wayne63; 09-05-2012 at 1:26pm.
    Regards
    Wayne

CC Always welcome as its a great way of Learning

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please. Don't know where that beach is but what about at the lighthouse at east Ballina? Link map - the lighthouse is just east of the spot the A shows. The Richmond River Lighthouse is the twin of Fingal Head, Clarence River, Tacking Point and Crowdy Head Lighthouses.

It's easy to find and lots of photogenic stuff. Personally I'd rather an early morning meetup but Ballina's close enough to home for me to stay for sunset for a change.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm easy, Morning or evening, Sat or Sunday and location. Haven't taken many photo around Ballina so any location is fine by me as I will go with the flow. You also have Lake Ainsworth at Lennox. Boulder beach is between Ballina and Lennox, it shows up on google maps but only if you type it in.
    Last edited by Wayne63; 11-05-2012 at 11:37am. Reason: added extra

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne63 View Post
    I'm easy, Morning or evening, Sat or Sunday and location. Haven't taken many photo around Ballina so any location is fine by me as I will go with the flow. You also have Lake Ainsworth at Lennox. Boulder beach is between Ballina and Lennox, it shows up on google maps but only if you type it in.
    That looks a good spot too, is it signposted at the Coast Rd? I'd love to do dawn at Lake Ainsworth then we could move on down to Ballina. Whatever goes, I'll join you - Sunday would be best for me.

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think Barbara as you know the area better than us?

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be a maybe
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great..count me in!

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennox is about 20mins from me, so why not. Boulder Beach is a good spot, particularly if the surf is good.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I am excited about this response. It will be great to meet up with some AP members. Wonder if Mongo will turn up LOL?
    Odille, Bolder beach is signposted on the coast road. It is all rocks - no sand. The car park is visible from the road also which makes it less of a vandal/theft problem.
    Could we do, Sunday, dawn at Lake Ainsworth & then try Bolder Beach then down to Shelly Beach Ballina - which is below the Light House? There is a little restaurant there that may be open for coffee etc. The Light House location doesn't really, to me, offer much in the way of photography except for the Light House its self.
    Sunrise is 6.31am at Lennox Head so 6am at Lennox Head may be meet Time. Is this about right Odille? Will check out the Light House view & the restaurant.
    Last edited by Wandapics; 14-05-2012 at 9:47pm.

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good to me

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gail (gabby) and I are definitely going to do lake Ainsworth for dawn if anyone else is mad enough to get up so early. She is staying overnight at my place on the loungeroom saofabed. We do have another sofabed available but you would have to share it with 2 cats (& Yoda chews ears in the night, little sod), or bring your own bedding and camp on the floor.

We plan to leave 3.30 - 4ish to get there nice and early. Hopefully there might be some fog, I have put in my request.

We will park at the spot on the map marked 2-5, just on the shores of the lake on this map. That road in is a public road. We can walk round to the western side or maybe drive a bit further and there are paths down to the water. IF there is any mist it will be a great shot to the east, otherwisw the origianl little inlet by the car park spot is good for reflections.

This is the view from the little beach, this was a test shot when I first got my longer HC lenses and it was in the middle of the day, but the white tree trunks and the tea tree stained water will be terrific in the early light.

And if anyone is joining us bring gumboots or a change of socks and shoes, it is soggy and boggy round the edges.

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in, I will try to get there around 5.45 - 6ish

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have checked a few things. The lighthouse lookout is a I thought - not interesting. The restaurant is closed in winter
    So I suggest that we meet at the Lennox Head Surf Club - the white roofed building on the Right Hand Side of Map - Link in Analog6's previous post. There are some pandamus trees along there that are good forground items for sunrise shots also. Meeting time is Sunday 3rd, 5.45 - 6am. I am leaving home at 5am so should be down there by 5.50am.
    Then Boulder Beach which I discovered has sand at low tide
    I feel we may be better going back to Lennox for breakfast though we can change this on the day if we like.
    My mobile number is 0427215866
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Please confirm if you are comming so I can look out for you.
    Barbara
    Last edited by Wandapics; 30-05-2012 at 2:06pm.

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in, I will leave home about 5 as well so should be there around 5.45.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Still going to do lake Ainsworth and then connect with the rest of you at the surf club. My mobile number is 0414 952 604 & I will make sure I have it on, but probably best to SMS as i rarely answer it when busy. What were people planning for breakfast - we are bringing ours and my camping stove and planned to find somewhere nice to set up and have bacon & eggs & coffee by the beach. Are there public BBQs we could commandeer and have a nice leisurely brekkie?

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what does everyone think?

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, we woke up at 3am and it was pouring here and the radar shows rain down your way too and we decided to stay home. How about we do something next weekend?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne63 & I braved the weather. Amazingly we only had 1 shower that was a problem, the rest seemed to go around us The sunrise was a no go. We took lots of pics anyway. I am happy with some of mine & will post some later today. I don't know what I am doing next weekend yet.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I missed it. Went to sleep it was raining, woke up it was raining. I'll be down around E Ballina Wed afternoon and Thursday morning to see if I can get some photos of that big surf that's coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast