Okay, this camera has been fantastic. The image quality is great, the quality at ISO1600 is still great too.

However, my biggest gripe is the FOCUS.

I've updated it to v1.2.

The focusing issues drive me crazy, I nearly belted the thing against a wall because it just simply was being such a pain!

Auto-Focus has fits of retardedness.

It starts to focus, goes PAST the focus point and blurs completely. I press it again, and again, and by maybe the fourth time it'll grab focus on what I'm actually pointing it at!

I have the focus selection area on the CENTRE of the frame, running it both on the screen and also trying with the optical AND electronic view finder. But it makes no difference.

When trying to use the screen to focus (because I'm low down or up high, for example) it gives me so much trouble.

In day time, it's fine. In a room that is heavily lit, it's 80%, but in lower light (like just a ceiling light) it is 30-40%.

Now for a camera so renowned for having low light performance, man does it drive me nuts.

I was at a party on Saturday night, trying to take photos in different situations with and without a flash. The photos that it actually focused properly on came out looking great, but half the time I had to try refocusing multiple times before actually being able to successfully take a photo.

Does ANYBODY have any ways I can fix this?

If not, I'm trashing the bloody thing and ditching the idea of having a handy smaller camera.

I'm at breaking point. It's do or die from now on.