Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members with hotmail : live : msn emails : You need to change your email ASAP

Administrator (Site Owner) ricktas's Avatar

Members with hotmail : live : msn emails : You need to change your email ASAP

NOTICE

As you may be aware from THIS thread, we have experienced an issue with hotmail : live : msn email addresses.

I, Kym and our hosting company have been working for 2 weeks to resolve this matter. At present all email notifications to members with hotmail : live : msn email addresses attached to their Ausphotography account, are being bounced back by Microsoft.

Microsoft have repeatedly advised us that the matter is fixed, but the emails continue to bounce.

Therefore, effective immediately, I have permanently blocked hotmail : live : msn email addresses
    from being used on Ausphotography.

Implications of this:
    * New members will not be able to register on the site using hotmail : live : msn email addresses
    * Existing members using these email services will still have access, but will not receive notfications of personal messages, subscribed threads, site newsletters and more.

We ask all members who have a hotmail : live : msn email attached to their Ausphotography accounts
    to
    go to their settings menu and change their email address to another service provider.

If you want a free email service, you can try:
    So please, check the email address attached to your Ausphotography account, and if it is a hotmail : live : msn email, please change it to another email service. This will ensure you retain full access to all site features.

When you change your email address, the site software will send a confirmation to the NEW email address. You will need to open that email and click the verification link it it, to activate your account with the new email. Till you do that, your access will be restricted. Check the junk mail folder in your new email address, if you cannot find this verification email.

We will begin a personal message campaign shortly, to advise members, as the emails bounce, to do the above.

Members who are using one of the above emails and have subscribed to threads on the site, will have all their subscriptions deleted, if they do not change their email address. The reason for subscribing to a thread is so that you get email notification of posts to that thread, but these emails are not allowing those subscription emails to be sent. So anyone who retains one of these email addresses will have all their subscriptions deleted.

If in future, Microsoft fixes their email services and allows us to send emails to them, we will restore their usability on Ausphotography and advise members that this has been done.
    Last edited by ricktas; 04-05-2012 at 5:47am.
    RICK
    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

www.tassiephotos.com

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Warning: Please do NOT change TO a hotmail account!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

If you're affected by the above, you probably don't mind dealing with big companies, but if you do and want a good free email service to overcome these problems try https://www.fastmail.fm/mail/personal.html
    Just use it for AP stuff.
    It has most of what you'd want.

Administrator (Site Owner)
    Threadstarter
    Members are welcome to keep their hotmail accounts, but they need to be aware that you will not receive email communications from AP. Will not be able to reset your password, and more, whilst you retain a hotmail:live:msn email attached to your account.

So, if you miss something cause we email members with a big announcement or similar, we take no responsibility, whilst you have one of the above emails attached to your account, for you missing out on anything on the site.

If you retain one of these emails and subscribe to threads etc, I will be deleting all your subscriptions when the email notification bounces.
    Last edited by ricktas; 02-05-2012 at 8:54pm.

Threadstarter
    All members who are changing their emails and then finding they cannot access the site properly. Check your junk mail in your new email account.

When you change your email, the site sends you a confirmation. You need to open that email and click the link to verify your new email account. Once done, your access will be given back to you.

a new day ~ a new picture
    Interesting, I received private msg from Rick and I have hotmail address, has the issue being fixed?
    Olympus E-30 upgrade pointing @ you

50mm
    11-22mm
    FL-36 [flash]

Tech Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane.R View Post
    Interesting, I received private personal msg from Rick and I have hotmail address, has the issue being fixed?
    Did you get an Email PM notification?
    Or only the PM notification when you logged onto AP?

Thanks!

PS: Sending a test email from AP now.

Edit: Email NOT received
    Last edited by Kym; 03-05-2012 at 6:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    All members who are changing their emails and then finding they cannot access the site properly. Check your junk mail in your new email account.

When you change your email, the site sends you a confirmation. You need to open that email and click the link to verify your new email account. Once done, your access will be given back to you.
    Just make sure you check your new email account cause I was looking for ages in my old one!!!!

ok i changed to another hotmail account... hope if fixes the problem. the new email address is i.cant.read.instructions@hotmail.com

Strange - lately they have been bouncing back emails sent from the Department of Education in WA as well. Apparently our server has been blockde as too many emails have been blocked lately.

Sounds like microsoft is stuffed atm.

Go gmail! I host my own domain via them using google apps, 10Gb free email space for 100 users! Hard to beat that.
    Epicaricacy
    Canon 5Dmkiii and a variety of lenses and other bits and pieces

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicaricacy View Post
    Strange - lately they have been bouncing back emails sent from the Department of Education in WA as well. Apparently our server has been blockde as too many emails have been blocked lately.

Sounds like microsoft is stuffed atm.

Go gmail! I host my own domain via them using google apps, 10Gb free email space for 100 users! Hard to beat that.
    Good luck to the DoE getting it fixed. I basically get automated responses to my emails, that say that if I still have an issue, to reply with details, which I do, but these emails are never responded to.

Tech Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicaricacy View Post
    Strange - lately they have been bouncing back emails sent from the Department of Education in WA as well.
    The DoE WA is a well known spam site
    Last edited by Kym; 05-05-2012 at 5:59pm. Reason: Spelling

I changed my email to a gmail account about 24 hours ago and I'm still restricted.

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP 290 View Post
    I changed my email to a gmail account about 24 hours ago and I'm still restricted.
    That is cause until this post, your last one was over 3 months ago, your account is inactive, it has nothing to do with the email issue

dang I thought I'd post since then :/

Ausphotography Regular GlennSan's Avatar
    Glad I don't have a job where I have to fix email transmission problems for multiple clients any more. Used to be very frustrating tracking down root causes...
    The world is an AMAZING place . . .
    flickr :: panoramio

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSan View Post
    Glad I don't have a job where I have to fix email transmission problems for multiple clients any more. Used to be very frustrating tracking down root causes...
    The most frustrating thing with this is actually getting someone at Micro$oft to reply. The process so far has been, email their delist service and request AP's IP address and emails be delisted from their blocking service. An automated reply arrives stating that the IP is not on their blacklist and to reply with details if you are still experiencing issues, so reply I do, with copies of bounced emails... and nothing happens, no acknowledgment, no reply..nothing. This has been the process for nearly 3 weeks now, I keep trying, hoping someone, somewhere, might actually get one of my email replies and look into it.
    Last edited by ricktas; 06-05-2012 at 8:57pm.

Threadstarter
    Just bumping this cause we still have a few members using hotmail/msn/live emails who are subscribing to threads.

Please be aware that you will not receive the email advice the subscription service sends from Ausphotography, so there is no point in subscribing in the first place.

If you are using a hotmail/live/msn email for your Ausphotography account, and want to continue to subscribe to threads, please change your email address as per the first post in this thread.

Thanks!

keen learner of new tricks. old dog's Avatar
    I have a hotmail address but what is this?......do I also have to change my email address?......I`m a techno dinosaur

............`We ask all members who have a hotmail : live : msn email attached to their Ausphotography accounts
    to go to their settings menu and change their email address to another service provider`.
    Last edited by old dog; 11-08-2012 at 3:09pm.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I have a hotmail address but what is this?......do I also have to change my email address?......I`m a techno dinosaur

............`We ask all members who have a hotmail : live : msn email attached to their Ausphotography accounts
    to go to their settings menu and change their email address to another service provider`.
    Microsoft own @hotmail.com @live.com and @msn.com email addresses. All of these are affected! So your email could be olddog@hotmail.com, olddog@live.com, olddog@msn.com or any variations of..like olddog@hotmail.co.uk etc and it will be affected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast