User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: is anyone keen to meet for a day of birding???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is anyone keen to meet for a day of birding???

Hi guys just wondering if any of the experienced bird photographers are interested in holding a birding meet sometime in the near future?

really interested in have a crack at it
    Canon 5D MKiii / Sony A7Rii / Canon 16-35mm f 4 L /Canon EF 24-70mm f-2.8 L USM / Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM / SIGMA 50mm F14. ART

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not experienced, but am interested.
    There's only a couple of active members out my way,so if something comes up for a day I'd consider travelling. Seems like Orange and Bathurst have a few active members.
    If they didn't want to travel to far, maybe "any of the experienced bird photographers" could meet us in the Blue mountains for a day?
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah mate im keen for anything. isnt there a nice reserve out mudgee way??

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't think of it's name but there's a place near here that birders come to 'cause there's a rare honeyeater. It's been locked up 'cause idiots go out to the middle of nowhere and vandalise the place. Go figure. Keys for entry can be organised with National Parks people.
    Otherwise there's stuff here, but stuff that wouldn't be achievable near Bathurst. Of cause we have better scenery here.
    Am involved in RFS training all weekend, see what I can find out early next week.
    But we'd still lack an "experienced bird photographer."
    A good friend of mine is active in the local camera club, so I'll see if they have birding on their agenda.
    If you're ever over this way, harper, PM and we can do something. (I serve crap coffee with a great view!)

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds great mate, im sure the rare honeyeater could entice an experienced bird photographer to travel over the mountains for a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested too . I really want to learn how to capture good bird photos, especially Eagles etc they are such charasmatic creatures. I don't drink coffee (or tea lol), but I enjoy a great view

**Sue**
    I choose to capture my images with bodies
    I share my love using Canon & Sigma
    ** SUE **

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinpark View Post
    I'd be interested too . I really want to learn how to capture good bird photos, especially Eagles etc they are such charasmatic creatures. I don't drink coffee (or tea lol), but I enjoy a great view

**Sue**
    The biggest problem of capturing eagle photos, or any bird for that matter, is finding where they are and then being able to get close enough for a decent shot. It could end up being a day of frustration of not seeing any decent birds or chasing your tail trying to find them, especially eagles.

I would like to meet for a birding day, but I can see it would be difficult for many to meet as most of the respondents so far are in Orange/Bathurst/Mudgee and that means a fair drive for either these repsondents to come to Sydney or for the Sydneyites to go west to Orange/Bathurst/Mudgee.

Having spent a number of day bird outings with Sar, an excellent bird photographer from this forum, we tend to go where we know, or at least have a good percentage chance, we will see some birds that we are after as he and I know some places where certain birds frequent. It's never guaranteed of course.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys

i think somewhere down the mountains would be great as it is somewhere reasonably close for everybody to travel to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree'd
    I know there are a lot of Gang Gangs in the area around the Scenic Railway.
    The weather around Orange at the moment would be great for ducks lol. I was hoping for a morning out in the paddocks with my trusty camera today, after I dropped the kids to scchool, but the weather had other ideas - that annoying drizzly shower type rain grr such is life