User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Windows Live Skydrive on-line storage CHANGE!!!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows Live Skydrive on-line storage CHANGE!!!

Folks!

Previously on Skydrive...
    If you had a Hotmail or a Windows Live account, you could get 25GB Free on-line storage on Microsoft's Skydrive.

This morning I got a banner message to say that this free limit was going to drop to (a mere) 7GB soon, BUT THAT "Loyal Skydrive Users"
    could retain the free 25GB but they had to "act now".

Well, I acted immediately and seemed to have availed myself successfully of the new offer. I could not print the result and had to resort to a screen print.

So new accounts will now have 7GB instead of 25GB.

Anyway, just in case...
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    "Loyal Skydrive Users" could retain the free 25GB but they had to "act now".
    Sounds like the loyal ones will be offered a discount rate sooner or later when everybody else pays more. Surely if mic$osoft is running the show they will want money from everybody eventually.

I haven't looked into skydrive but as one person explained to me, there are plenty of ways of renting server space out there usually quite a bit cheaper than many of the prominently offered storage solutions.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Sounds like the loyal ones will be offered a discount rate sooner or later when everybody else pays more. Surely if mic$osoft is running the show they will want money from everybody eventually.

I agree. I had the same suspicion, but I thought I would see what happened in the meantime.
    Am.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post

Nope! they'll give it to you for free(and there are paid for versions with more storage space) .. but the way I see it is that they WANT all your data .. images especially!! ... and any other data that you will store on there.

Their T&C's aren't as bad as some other's I've seen, but if you make your data public(shared) it's open season, and you've basically given anyone(incl M$) free rights to the data.
    If you keep your data in private folders, then you're safe(according to their terms that is) .. in that it's not free rights to anyone .. M$ included.

I've used it since day one but kept minimal info on there just as a trial.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N