Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blurb - Make your own Photo Book experiences

Hello Everyone

I came across a some posts in the forums regarding people asking for options in regards to making a photographic book.

I have made a book through Blurb who are a US based online company and upon getting my first printed book all I can say is that the quality is very very good and of high quality.

The software that you simply download is easy to use and there are plenty of layout options. The important thing for me was being able to layout text as well as photos and the program allows you to do this at your own pace.

There are many differnet book sizes and price options and since I ordered my first book they now offer very cheap postage prices. As when I ordered I could only ship by UPS which even though is very reliable and quick (3 days from the US) it cost more than the book cost to send! Think it was around $US60 for postage when I got mine, but now I think its around $US8 for the same book via standard shipping.

The quality is better than anything that I have seen in Australia and being able to do all the layout on your own computer is great. You can order in various sizes as well as hard back with dust jacket as well as softcover as well.

You can also sell your own books from their site and viewers get to look at a 15 page preview of the books as well which is great. You can view my book that I made and have got printed "Tasmania: architecture and Landsacpe photography" by clicking here:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/82658

If anyone has any other questions about it just drop me a line will be more than happy to try and answer questions.
    Cheers
    Last edited by wideangle; 13-03-2008 at 8:46am.