Hi,

I first bought my computer from scratch from a local PC dealer. As I’ve become more involved in photography and backing up my files, my computers needs have changed.

The computer set up I have at the moment is C: drive and a second internal hard drive (E: ) in my PC tower, with an external hard drive. There’s 1T capacity on my C: and 1T on my E: with 8gb of RAM.

Currently I run both Lightroom and Photoshop CS5 , and save all my photos to my C:. E: backs up my photos and I save my Lightroom catalogue on E: too. I also back up my photos to my external hard drive.

I’ve just enlisted the CrashPlan+ backup service which gives me an unlimited cloud to backup my photos and music.

The E: drive is a little slow so I am thinking of replacing it with a WD 2T hard drive.

If I do purchase a new 2T hard drive to replace my existing E: what plan of attack would you suggest? Upload and save all my photos to E: to free up my C: drive, and back up to the external hard drive and the cloud. Or continue to upload and save my photos on C:, and use my E:, external hard drive and the cloud to backup? Or even replace my C: with a new 2T hard drive.

Any help, advice or alternative suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers