Well I finally got all the gear I
needed... wanted to get my roll of film developed properly.
About 2 years ago, I found myself with a spare $20 on a weird pre paid credit card, so I purchased and exposed a roll of this Kodak Ektar 100 on my lil Rollei 35 ....
here's the camera:
D300, 28-75/2.8 @ 28mm, f/3.5 and 1/6s
Here's the 'equivalent' film version(s)
this is the jpg I received from the film developing mob on CD
Rollei 35. 40/3.5 Zeiss Tessar version @ f/3.5 and 1/8s.
(I tried to use similar settings to see if any differences and what they were)
this one is my version of the neg, slide copied via the D300 on the PB-4 bellows.
It must be noted too that:
1. the processing folks, would have scanned the negs to jpg immediately before any damage was done to the negs by dust and contact with the outside world.
2. the negs have been sitting in their sleeves for the past two years(apart from one particular two image slice of the negs I used for sampling purposes) inside the envelope that the negs and prints came in, in a drawer with close to zero handling. Dust has all but ruined them for any further use now .. with close to zero handling.
3. my version of the copied neg wasn't as successful as their copy in jpg format, but most of the negs I copied camer out better than their versions. A small percentage came out worse and I'm going to work on how to improve those that did.