User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: How do you edit posts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you edit posts?

This is a weird question but I am wondering how to edit posts? I have done it before but now I cant find the button, can anyone help?
    Last edited by algywt; 30-04-2012 at 12:00am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... This time it was there but on a past post of mine it wasn't... Any ideas?

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by algywt View Post
    Ok... This time it was there but on a past post of mine it wasn't... Any ideas?
    You only have a limited time to edit your post before it is locked. 30 minutes or so, I think. If you want a post edited after that, you have to ask a mod (name in blue) to do it for you. It is to stop people editing posts after others have commented, so making the comments added appear nonsense.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Edit time is set to 60 minutes and then it is locked.

The reason for this : If someone has quoted your post or replied in relation to your post, and then you edit it, the whole thread can become confusing. Before we introduced the 60 minute lock we had someone post photos for critique, got critique and then removed the photos and replaced them with new ones. The person then went on to disagree with the critique given, and the critique did look harsh to anyone who read the thread after the photo swap, but it wasn't about the photos everyone was looking at.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography