Its 4am in the morning and I aint sleeping anytime soon, Ive been awake now since 1:45am, Police and K9 unit have been and gone... why you ask because For that once in a million time i finished editing some photos and went straight to bed forgetting to check the door in the lounge next to our bedroom....

at 1.45 I was awake after my 9mth old stirred (she co sleeps most nights) while cuddleing her back to sleep i heard a noise that sounded like a door closing (most nights one of my kids is normally up and about either going to the toilet , getting drinks etc) so its not unusall to here noises, then next minute I had that eiree feeling i was being watched I rolled over towards the door expecting to see my 6yr old standing there like she does alot of nights but instead a 6ft dark figure was standing there instead,

Let me tell you that was the scariest thing to ever be half asleep and see knowing all well the only other adult in the house is in bed with you... I yelled out to the person and they ran for the door they had left open me following behind which thinking about it now was the dumbest thing to do, I dont know how loud i yelled (It felt like nothing was coming out) but it must have been somewhat loud cause it woke the other half and he was following close behind,

The Police came within maybe 5mins of calling 000 and where wonderful thru the whole ordeal, and will be sending a unit out in the morning to do dusting, the dog didnt find anyone but a unit did find a person matching the description I gave only 1/2km down the road only problem was I could have swore it was male but this person was female....

so now im sitting here with all the lights on, the outside lights on waiting for dawn to come befor i can finally maybe get some sleep, too scared to right now....
The weird thing in all this is that this person walked past my desk with my laptop and my 50D sitting on it, past a 50inch TV and numerous other things, and came straight into our bedroom when there was so much there they could have taken and pawned...

I guess the point of telling everyone is these things do happen and to be vigilent when going to bed at night... even during the day and your home to make sure all your doors are locked... I know my doors even when me and rick are home will never be left unlocked again...It feels so horrible to be scared to sleep thinking this could happen again and being scared to be in your own home...