User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: airbnb??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

airbnb??

I just received this strange Flickr mail. Has any one else been sent this. It smells like a scam to me but maybe I'm just too untrusting of the internet...

[top]Freelance Photo Work

I discovered your photos while researching photographers in your area. I work with *removed by admin* and recruit photographers around the world. *removed by admin* connects travelers with local hosts who offer accommodations, and I’m seeking photographers to capture photos of our listings.

As part of our service, we offer professional photography to our hosts, and we’re currently hiring a few photographers in your area to shoot listings. Would you be interested in contract work on a regular basis or know someone that might be? Even if you’re not interested, we do have a program where we pay $100 for successful referrals.

Assignments are quite simple. You take on as much or as little work as you like, as you schedule shoots when you have free time. We require no artificial lighting, simply natural/ambient light. We assign jobs within a 30-mile radius of your location, so little travel is required.

I can send you more information about the job and pay rate.
    If interested, please email Nathalie.p@*removed by admin*.
    Many thanks, and I hope to have you join our photo team!

Nathalie Peterson
    Photographer Recruiter
    *removed by admin*

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*removed by admin* is the world’s leading and most trusted community marketplace to list, discover, and book unique spaces from real people anywhere in the world. We’re in 14,467 cities in 183 countries and counting.

Visit us and learn a bit more:
    *removed by admin* website:
    • How *removed by admin* works: ]
    Last edited by ricktas; 14-04-2012 at 11:49am.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been some like this before. The consensus was "DITCH IT!", or sentiments to that effect.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I smell spiced ham.

I am going to remove the website addresses from your post as google grabs them and we will find people coming to AP searching out why we are talking about that site
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks am & Rick. (and sorry about posting the web addresses, I didn't think of the problems t might cause). I wasn't all that interested in following up on the offer even if it was legit but was interested to know if it was just a plot to get bank details or similar...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you know how to find out who owns a website? Use tools like : http://www.whois.net/
    and search the website name and it will give you info about the site.

Whilst this may not tell you if it is legit or not, but if a site purporting to be in the USA comes back with registration detail in India/ Nigeria/Pakistan/China etc, it is more than likely not above board.