Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 40D problem

hi, i m a new member of this forum. I bought my Canon 40D from USA 2 years ago. And I used this one occassionally so my shutter count maybe 6,000 to 7,000. But I got problem from my Canon 40D. The camera shutter is not working. Anyone has any idea how much cost for fixing this one or what is wrong with the camera ? The camera showing err 99 problem when i press the shutter button. I already tried to fix doing like change battery, memory card and even lens contact cleaning. it is same. Live view also is not working. *removed - any reference to wanting to buy gear is not allowed on AP* Is the 60D shutter mechanism same like 40D ? Can i rely on it ? Anybody has any experience about it ?
    Last edited by ricktas; 07-04-2012 at 8:00am.

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are probably best to drop it into Canon to get a quote - it could be a myriad of things and in the end we are only guessing.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 40D shutter died March last year and I had it replaced here in Brisbane *Repair Shop has since closed down* under the extended warranty so no idea how much it costs
    The photo count on mine would be close to 100,000..

Had a focusing screen replaced in the 5D Mk11 last month under Mack extended warranty I rang > Here In Sydney and was surprised to find they quoted me less than two of the Brisbane Repairers did, even with postage both ways.
    I don' know if they will quote over the phone for everyone but its worth a phone call to find out..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just got the same problem on my 450D, have just dropped it in for repairs today in Adelaide. It isn't under warranty as its 4 years old. I will let you know what the repair quote is when I get it. I'm actually not sure what my shutter count is, but I have a feeling it would be on the higher side considering its age and my love of shooting 3 bracketed exposures and bird wildlife.
    My gear: Canon 450D, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, Canon 430EX II. My Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got around 50,000 actuations on my 60D, bought grey, and it is stil working perfectly.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The member has not been back since posting this. So I am going to assume the bit I edited out was the real reason for the thread, and close their account.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The member has not been back since posting this. So I am going to assume the bit I edited out was the real reason for the thread, and close their account.
    Ok thanks.

I was going to post regarding the error 99 issue - I need a new shutter. Hope that helps anyone else who might be having a similar issue if not the OP.