Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

Thread: could you / how to do this

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could you / how to do this

I dont no if this is the correct place to put this thred so if its not could a mod please move it.

I just whent on holidays from TAFE and when we go back there will be a visit from the BIG bosses of TAFE NSW and we have to put on a show so since im the only photographer in my class i have to take photos for the presontation of the town so i have the next 2 weeks to take 70+ photos and edit them all for a high standed to impress the bosses ill upload a list on the locations i need to do so do you think you could do it?? i think ill be pushing it lol.

BTW 1 i dont have a car and i have to walk every-wear with my gear 2 then tows of about (estamating) 40 squear km.
    lastscan.jpg
    Last edited by xxdrakexx; 06-04-2012 at 2:42pm.
    Jimmy!!!
    Nikon D3400 18-55mm kit lens AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f4-5.6G ED VR 2 tri-pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the bus young man

How would we know though seriously ? I would have no idea where you live or how easy it is for you to get around to all these places - thats what you are going to have to work out.

The photography side should be easy enough as well as the processing - just keep it simple
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    on the bus young man

How would we know though seriously ? I would have no idea where you live or how easy it is for you to get around to all these places - thats what you are going to have to work out.

The photography side should be easy enough as well as the processing - just keep it simple
    no bus's here lol well its about 5km from pho a photo on one side of town to the photo on the other side of town lol

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    planning, do all the ones in one area before moving on to the next, take numerous shots of the subjects/objects from a variety of angles and exposures so you shouldn't have to revisit any. Friend with car ?
    good luck
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best idea is to go out and give it a go. If there is an overcast day you will have less shadows, otherwise it might be better near the middle of the day. If you want ideas perhaps check outthe architectural section. Probably try to keep the main subject isolated. Try not to get too many cars or power lines in the photo (often this can't be helped). Once you have taken some of the photos post a couple and someone will often give you some help.

Just give it your best try.

Wayne
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for your "holiday" (although much more fun than studying or writing essays). If you have access to a bicycle and a remote shutter release you could strap the camera to your helmet and ride around taking shots "google street" style. Oh, you wanted a serious answer?...

I'd prioritise the list based on "must have" shots and "nice to have" shots. Then like dbax said break them into groups within the same area. You might also like to break down the list based on the best time of day to shoot the subject (if you know) so you might have a early morning group, an evening group and a group where the time of day won't really matter. Process as you go so you don't end up with a heap of PP at the end.

Good luck....
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take photos of your pc with google street view doing the work ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    take photos of your pc with google street view doing the work ??
    Funny Darren
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some good advise above.
    What about the race track and Rural Fire Service? The cemetery and silos?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdrakexx View Post
    ..... and we have to put on a show so since im the only photographer in my class i have to take photos for the presontation of the town ......
    What exactly do you need to do?
    Do you need all the things you have mentioned?
    If you step back a little you could probably get the Post Office, Police Station and Court House in one photo.
    A little imagination and you might be able to get the river and pool in one photo.
    The Comm. Bank and Museum are pretty close to each other. Get the idea.
    What about the expansive outback images around?
    The bicycle sounds good.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, I know Coonamble well and it will be a bit of walking! just be thankful they didn't ask you to go to Quambone as well. lol

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Jim

Part of any solution to any issue is "asking for your 100%"

You have started by telling us your 'problem' - and while we can offer thoughts on the 'solution', I feel that the solution is closer to home
    I would suggest that you make it a team effort - ask for help / rope in one of your colleagues / class mates / family
    I can see your results via selective times-of-day images > think outside to box > do some shooting after dark using street lights; do some before breakfast using early morning light with its great long shadows. The 'but' is that you can't easily do it by yourself - so ask for your 100% from those around you

You'll do it I'm sure, and your rep as a damn-good-photographer will rise as well
    Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Phil,
    This was not your idea and the responsibility has been placed solely at your feet! I find that very presumptuous of your class (I am imagining just a class as I would hate to think the TAFE staff have burdened you with this task for the whole community )
    Also did you raise your hand for this or did everyone just assume you would do it?

If you volunteered.........well, lol you may have bitten off more than you can chew.
    Definately enlist the help of others, particularly to get around..............and keep in mind that the world wont end if this doesnt go according to plan!
    Plus this isnt a 'photography class' from what I can gather if you are the only photographer...............so relax a little on the expectations of a 'HIGH' standard.

The TAFE bosses just want to see where the dollars are being spent.

Enjoy it, have fun with it and please dont stress about it!
    Cheers and Happy Shooting
    Cindy

Canon 7D, 50mm, 100mm Macro
    Olympus E-30, 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm
    Photoshop CS5

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
    I'm with Phil,
    This was not your idea and the responsibility has been placed solely at your feet! I find that very presumptuous of your class (I am imagining just a class as I would hate to think the TAFE staff have burdened you with this task for the whole community )
    Also did you raise your hand for this or did everyone just assume you would do it?

If you volunteered.........well, lol you may have bitten off more than you can chew.
    Definately enlist the help of others, particularly to get around..............and keep in mind that the world wont end if this doesnt go according to plan!
    Plus this isnt a 'photography class' from what I can gather if you are the only photographer...............so relax a little on the expectations of a 'HIGH' standard.

The TAFE bosses just want to see where the dollars are being spent.

Enjoy it, have fun with it and please dont stress about it!

Thanks all for you posts iv alredy taken some photos lastnight but it will take alot of pp lol ehhh yello strett lights.

i did put my hand up but she never mentiond it would be praticly the hole town!

i have a friend who got her camera the otherday ill ask her to help out.

its always wear the money is being spent lol...

im sure ill work it out in the end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol..............keep you out of trouble for a little while anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS............thats the trouble with volunteering, some people will take full advantage of it and go for the million dollar shoot, for the 5cent account.
    Just do what you can and get as much enjoyment as possible out of it, hopefully you get really nice days

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 down so many moree to go lol

heres one of the local pubs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sunk a few in there over the years.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Think it used to be called The Club House. mmmmmm