User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

Thread: Easter meetup, Southern Gold Coast ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easter meetup, Southern Gold Coast ?

Just raising the flag to see if there's any interest for a dawn meet over Easter on the Southern Gold coast. Burleigh, Currumbin, Snapper, D'bah, Fingal ? Saturday, Sunday or Monday morning?
    Hands up please.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hhmmmm. It takes me 45 mins to get to burleigh.....what time do I have to get outa bed to meet a sunrise? On a Monday?

Pentax K-r
    Da 15mm & 70mm Ltds, Fa 35mm f2, F 50mm f1.7
    Da*200mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 28-105 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only just saw this, definitely interested David. I haven't picked up my camera for quite some time. Let me know where and what time and I will be there.
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Who me?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok a little research shows that sunrise is about 6am, tide is low at 4am. I've not shot Burleigh before so I might head over for a recce in the next day or so. Going out for Dinner Sunday night with a few old school buddies from Sydney so..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your research is correct David , The swell is increasing tomorrow as well before dropping during Sunday , So you'll have an increasing swell on an incoming tide , Take it from me , Watch out for big wave surges , Anyway , Before I saw this post I'd organised a meet up at Currumbin Alley for tomorrow morning at the Shelter shed in the carpark for 5.00am meet with ty13,Boofhead is coming , Plus Joel (JSP) and myself , We'll be there , Anybody else want to join in your all very welcome , Well be heading down to Snapper and Coolangatta after Currumbin
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Who me?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok Bill you got me, 5am Currumbin tomorrow morning, with the dinner planed Sunday evening Monday early was going to be a stretch. See you there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one David, Mate I'm still checking out the Paths at Burleigh , I was taken on a walk around the bottom of the headland , After climbing through the closed gate, I'd never been on this track , I always wondered how they got down to the Nice big smooth and round mostley black rocks , Heaps of good Bernie sticks as well , It's the place where Russell got his shot of the Outboard motor on the rocks if you remember

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its okay I will set the alarm clock and head down too. ( let's see if I make it outa bed )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
    If its okay I will set the alarm clock and head down too. ( let's see if I make it outa bed )
    Would be good to see you there Kerrie , Give me a ring on the landline to find it. if your lost , Down the Gold Coast Hwy , At the end of Palm Beach heading south you'll cross a big bridge , On the Southern exit turn left , Follow the signs to the beach , Landy is 55345574
    Last edited by William; 06-04-2012 at 6:46pm.

Who me?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    certainly Kerrie, do you know Curumbin ? we'll meet at the shelter shed by the car park at Curumbin Rock. If you dont know it Ill see if I can find a map

edit, heres a map anyway

Last edited by dbax; 06-04-2012 at 6:39pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks. Should be able to find it. I will bring my dodgy tripod too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All look'in good , See you all in the morning 5.00am , Easy , As David said , Sunrise is at 6.00ish but the best colours happen before then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys , Did.nt come away with much but was good company and good to have a chat again, Nice to meet Ky13 and Kerrie as well , Good to see you survived your first meeting , We'll do it again one day soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for organising a great morning Bill. Was nice to meet you all

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm Ky13? sounds bit ah yeah different William ........... he he he

had a better look at my pics on the computer got few good ones but some not so flash ... makes me want to go back and do it all again but next time ill have some filters , well hopefully in the next week ill have some

thanks for the advice William, David and Andrew
    Nikon D7500 Tamron SP AF 90mm 10-20mm Sigma 18-55 VR 55-200 VR 50mm lens Manfrotto tripod 10 Stop ND filter ND Grad filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to catch up Ty, there is some great advice from APers isn't there? Put some shots up mate, I know you have some great ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mannnnn......I was just down the road...I should have made an effort. Would of been good to catch up with you all. I only had to walk 15 meters ...lol.
    David said he was going there. Never mentioned a meetup...But really. It wasn't the best but I was thinking of you there...wonder who was there...xxxxx
    I've been slack and haven't been on much these days.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.