I really want to get a better projector than the one I have now, mainly for self-timer function, so I can just set it on auto. My current one doesnt have this feature.
Im guessing the Kodak Ektapro are the way to go? I dont really know one kind from another, so if anyone out there knows much about projectors in general and can give some buying tips, please hint away.
My local photo gear shop has a second hand Ektapro 5000 but without the remote - are the remotes hard to come by? Ive been waiting for them to get a good carouselle type of Kodak projector and this is the first they have had in so long, not sure I want to let it get away - though now I gather the Ektapro are in fact a different line altogether from the 'Carouselle' lol.
Info is a little difficult to get given these were all discontinued about 8 years ago!

I quite like taking slides to this day. I still have my older film SLR with a 50ISO Fuji Velvia in it right now for using with some of my fast primes.
There's something magical about the colour and grain of slides projected onto a wall that my digital images coming through my DLP home cinema type of digital projector just cant match, and I'm not the "I love film more than digital" type in the slightest, no way would I choose film over digital if I had just one choice (even if I do occasionally enjoy a little bit of time in a dark room). It could be the screen-gate thing of pixels I spose too.

I also like how slides are effectively little 'time capsules' as you dont tend to crack them out as often.
But dont worry, Ive never been the 'sit down and watch my slide show' kind of guy, this is more a self-indulgent pleasure!!