User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skeptical / Rational thinkers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on... I have to chuck on the gumbies. Otherwise, if it gets past my ankles, I'll be in the Sh1t
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh great, flat Earthers rearing their ugly heads again! I suppose if I want to fly from London to New York I'd better head over Europe, Asia, stop over in Japan... ? LOL

It is a community. We have Skeptics in the pub meetings, all over the World. There are skeptics conventions ranging from modest to absolutely HUGE. Perhaps the most famous are the TAM meetings. I've yet to get to a TAM but would love to go.

http://tam.asnevents.com.au/ <- TAM Australia meeting I didn't get to. 2011 was in Las Vegas. No chance of getting there.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter618 View Post
    I've yet to get to a TAM but would love to go.
    Did TIM go or did he stay hidden in the closet pantry with the FROOT LOOPS?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAr Har I reckon you'd have a good time Andrew. A dry sense of humour is a defining characteristic of a skeptic.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sceptical of skeptics !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Brian said- "We are all individuals"

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (I agree to disagree with anything or everything or neither or nothing, whichever comes 1st to last.)
    (Imagined member of the Stray Thought Society - STS, now defunct.)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebadir View Post
    I am rather sceptical about this whole concept of having a community of skeptics
    I tend to feel the same, though I do generally agree with them.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I sincerely hope all you skeptics and rational thinkers out there enjoy your Easter Holidays and join in the festivities with true appreciation of the real meaning of Easter - Chocolate Easter Eggs and chocolate bunnies and hot cross buns. Oh, look! They (who are they?) have hijacked the true meaning of Easter and replaced it with chocolate fertility symbols! Wow! And we never even noticed! Well, there you go! Zapped again! Much easier getting involved in gluttony and fertility rites than recognising the Truth of Easter. No, not Oestre. Yes, they hijacked it for sure.

I must also mention those who contribute to the Birds section and the Macro section on this site. Can I suggest you go and have a look and make note of the patterns in the plumage of the birds. Yes, the perfectly symmetrical patterns in the feathers. Are they not magnificent and phenominal? I would venture to suggest that any really honest person would find it hard to attribute such perfectly symmetrical patterns to random chance! Ha! The same goes for animals where, if you mentally split the animal down the middle, the left side is a mirror image of the right. (A bit like politics)
    I would have to suggest that anyone still refusing to acknowledge the clear evidence of design in nature needs to closely scrutinise their critical thinking cababilities. Isn't it rational to think that design has taken place here? How do cells "know" how to create all these magnificent shapes and colours? How? Tell me! Ha! You cannot!
    And not only shapes and colours but perfectly functioning entities - animals, birds, fishes, insects. Think about it people as you enjoy the extra days holidays this Easter. Then think of the true reason we celebrate Easter and why we need to be thankful for a loving Saviour, our Creator, who died for our sins on the cross in our place.
    Happy Easter!
    Last edited by Phil777; 06-04-2012 at 7:30am.
    Phil.
    Equipment: Panasonic Lumix G9, GX9, Panasonic Leica 100-400 f/4.0-6.3, Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6, Panasonic 7-14mm f4, Weifeng WF-717A tripod, Manfrotto 560B-1 Monopod, Huawei P30 Pro.
    Software: Corel PaintShop Pro 2020 + Corel Painter Essentials 4
    - Beauty and Design in Nature - do you see it?

flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thread closed. i am not letting another damn religious vs evolution argument get underway on AP
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12