User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: February feedback frenzy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

February feedback frenzy

During February we ran another of our best critique events. We were hoping to encourage outstanding critique of members photos.

As always, we got some really good critiquing throughout the month of February, but unlike previous 'best critique' month's, we did not get a single member reporting a critique to us, that they felt was worthy of the title.

The mods and I have been discussing this over the past few weeks, and have decided to nul and void the February challenge and re-do it for April.

For those that have not taken part in one of our Critique Challenge Month's, either by recently joining, or returning to the site, after an absence, we hold these critique challenges every few months. The idea being that for the month of the challenge, we encourage members to improve their critiquing skills by posting high quality, in depth critiques of other members photos. The concept is that we increase the sharing of information between members, help members improve their photography, critiquing skills and learn more from each other.

So we will now run a new 'Best Critique' challenge for April, and the mods and I look forward to seeing your efforts.

We also remind members that if, during the challenge month, you see a critique that you think is a great effort, and worthy of consideration as the Critique of the Month, to report the post, using the report icon. The report icon is the small triangle with the ! mark in it, that appears on every post to the site (its location can vary depending on how you have setup your thread display options, in your settings menu) The mods and I do not necessarily see every post to the site, and by reporting a worthy critique, you might just be bringing a post to our attention that we have over-looked.

There will be a prize up for grabs for the winner of the April 2012 Best Critique of the Month.

Please get involved, Ausphotography can only be as good as we all make it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great idea, however as a beginner it is difficult to provide great critiques because we simply don't know enough. Sure we can identify the elements of a photo
    but we may not nderstand the composition the structure behind the photo. What we can say for sure is what we liked and I believe that this is a great way to learn. I would hope that when I am able to start posting and start receiveing critiques I will be in a much better position to provide sensible and meaningful critiques.

Kindest regards
    Livio

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have not started the April one. Sorry. I have had a few family medical issues that have had my attention away from AP the last week or so. I will chat to the mods and we will organise a start date.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livio View Post
    This is a great idea, however as a beginner it is difficult to provide great critiques because we simply don't know enough. Sure we can identify the elements of a photo
    but we may not nderstand the composition the structure behind the photo. What we can say for sure is what we liked and I believe that this is a great way to learn. I would hope that when I am able to start posting and start receiveing critiques I will be in a much better position to provide sensible and meaningful critiques.

Kindest regards
    Livio
    Of course you can. If we see a member who is new, beginning with photography, giving critiquing a damn good go, we are just as likely to consider that critique as highly as something from someone with years of experience. We take that all into account when assessing suitable winners.