Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoo-hoo!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was mowing the weeds this afternoon, when I started to think about this thread (got a lot of weeds to mow, some grass is slowly encroaching on them) and I wondered if I could think of something constructive to post.
    I concluded, no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've probably heard that Wayne Swan has now come out and said that he has to slash all government spending to try and get the budget into surplus.
    The government is still borrowing over $100Million every day, which is why our banks have to charge so much for mortgages as the government gets all the funds.

Why don't they get rid of the NBN?
    That alone would save tens of billions of $$$$ and not have to affect social welfare etc.

The government tax revenue must be down by a huge amount too.
    I do some work for a couple of accountants from time to time. One of them has around 80 clients (companies), and none of them can pay their GST on time, and the other has 2,800 clients (also companies mainly) and only 5% of them can pay their GST on time.
    Add that together with all the sackings going on (like 2 large building companies that have sacked around 750 workers in NSW alone) and all the subbies they employ, + the hangers on, and all the manufacturers going broke left right and centre, + all the retail shops that have closed (notice how many empty shops there are in shopping centres?), and the tax take of the government must be way down on their forecasts.

They are paying billions in payments to all the illegal immigrants (far more than they pay to our pensioners that have worked and payed taxes all of their lives), as well as all the legal aid they are giving these illegals so they can take the government to court because their plasma TV's aren't big enough, so their budget must have blown out BIG-TIME!!
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody want to start a pool on how long it will take the fickle folks to turn against this brand of disappointment?
    Peter
    Canon s3is, 2 x 50Ds, Canon 18-55is, Canon 55-250is, ef 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Canon Nifty Fifty f/1.8,
    Sigma 70-200 f2.8 ex dg os hsm, Sigma APO 150-500 f5-6.3 dg os hsm
    tripod, monopod, 4 didgeridoo's.
    Two million years of evolution and I'm still a Homo ergaster.
    ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/mustymustang/

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, it's getting so bad I might have to start smoking (as well as mowing) weed again.
    But I've concluded, no.
    Bugga, my wife reckons she's not doing the mowing.
    Last edited by Mark L; 29-03-2012 at 10:04pm.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last surplus delivered by a Labor Treasurer in Australia was in 1989-90. That's why he is desperate to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12