Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be interested to hear if any of you have trouble uninstalling the beta when your trial expires. I've still got the remnants of the CS4 trial I installed years ago, before I upgraded to CS5. Windows 7 can't uninstall it. I'd give it a trial myself, but I don't want to stuff up my copy of CS5. For those that have CS5 and are running this trial, are you having any problems with running both versions?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snoop. I'm running my original CS2 and this CS6 trial. No conflicts at all. Each opens and operates separately.
    I have not tried running the two at once

The only thing I noticed is that when I 4-got that I had CS2 minimised, clicking on the CS6 icon just re-opened the minimised CS2.

I also wondered about uninstalling, but in the meantime... I have 59 days of trial left.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got no problems either Snoop, I think they run together nicely , All my actions and Brush presets easily transfered over to CS6 CS5 Works fine as well , CS6 Took over as boss though with all images going straight into CS6, If I open CS5 and go to file>Open to load images CS5 still works the same
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AM and Bill. What's the new Bridge look like? I use Bridge rather than Lightroom. I should be out with the mower and the chainsaw, but I might just have a play with CS6 instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont worry about the mowing , Just say the grass is to wet

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snoop, a few versions ago, cs2 or 3 I think, I had great trouble installing the newer version, finally had to download a script from Adobe to completely uninstall the previous version, this might do the trick for you, depending on what versions your working with http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Might also help if any have problems getting rid of the Beta
    Last edited by dbax; 28-03-2012 at 11:16am.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbax View Post
    Snoop, a few versions ago, cs2 or 3 I think, I had great trouble installing the newer version, finally had to download a script from Adobe to completely uninstall the previous version, this might do the trick for you, depending on what versions your working with http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Might also help if any have problems getting rid of the Beta
    I had the same problem. I had to run the version that wiped everything Adobe, and then reinstall everything. That was a pain as I had to go back and install my original PS6 (pre CS) and all my updates from there to get the upgrades of each version to work. It still didn't wipe CS4. It's a registry thing I think. I've deleted all the directories for it, but the Windows Control Panel still thinks it's install and can't uninstall it. Of course I have a non-standard setup as well with G drive being my boot drive.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I think the next OS upgrade I do will be a clean setup instead of all the patches and transfers. Windows 8 won't be it though.

***EDIT***

Nah! Won't work for me. Tried the Advisor too and it finds no errors.... I'll just have to see what everyone else thinks about it.

cs6.jpg
    Last edited by camerasnoop; 28-03-2012 at 11:40am.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snoop.
    What OS are you running? Like Andrew said to me above, if XP, you need SP3.
    I got your msg too, ignored it, and installed SP3.
    A re-start later and the trial installed and ran a snap.
    Am.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windows 7 Version 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1. 8GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Quad Core Processor.

Should work. Didn't give me an option to ignore.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Hmm!-ering why?)

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved. I extracted all the files to a container on the desktop and ran it from there. It's installing as I type.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh crap! Looks like I'll have to make my own profile for the 17-35L. At least they got the 28-70L in there.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sliders on ACR v7 are different to thise on 6.6. I don't know if I like that. I've gotten used to the "fill light", "recovery", and "brightness" sliders. I have to manipulate different combinations now. I gather "highlights" is the old "recovery", "shadows" is the old "fill light", and "whites" is the old "brightness", but the effect doesn't appear to match this exactly.

***EDIT***
    This would seem to be confirmed by opening a RAW file that has already been edited in ACR6.6 and seeing that your changes don't appear when you change the camera profile to 2012 (the new ACR7 version). The slides above revert to their original unedited position. Don't fear though. Just change it back to 2010 (ACR6.6) and the changes return.

Somebody else got any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by camerasnoop; 29-03-2012 at 11:27am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camerasnoop View Post
    The sliders on ACR v7 are different to thise on 6.6. I don't know if I like that. I've gotten used to the "fill light", "recovery", and "brightness" sliders. I have to manipulate different combinations now. I gather "highlights" is the old "recovery", "shadows" is the old "fill light", and "whites" is the old "brightness", but the effect doesn't appear to match this exactly.

***EDIT***
    This would seem to be confirmed by opening a RAW file that has already been edited in ACR6.6 and seeing that your changes don't appear when you change the camera profile to 2012 (the new ACR7 version). The slides above revert to their original unedited position. Don't fear though. Just change it back to 2010 (ACR6.6) and the changes return.

Somebody else got any thoughts on that?
    This applies to Lightroom 4 but the process is the same.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...-recovery.html
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    This applies to Lightroom 4 but the process is the same.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...-recovery.html

Not sure what halos they're talking about under the old ACR. I didn't get any with the Fill slider. Still having a play with the new stuff. The tools work a bit differently to. Who'd have though that the paint bucket would fill from the top left now instead of from the paint bit like the old one?

Still fiddling around trying to find the best way to create masks and refine the edges.

This version seems slower than the last too. No doubt time will tell if this is the case in the full production version. I haven't really seen anything that is a huge step forward over CS5 yet. It seems no worse than the changes that Microsoft wrought between versions of Office though.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone have a problem with Actions not copying over completely? Some of my Sets are missing actions. They were all saved and I copied the *.ATN files over. Not all actions appear in the set.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody have problems with Noise Ninja crashing CS6?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the risk of talking at nobody again, has anyone tried the "Content Aware Scale" tool. It's pretty darned funky!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No x 3 to your last 3 Qs, Snoop. I just hope it uninstalls properly when the trial runs out.
    Am. (Nobody, really.)

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    I just hope it uninstalls properly when the trial runs out.
    I'll find out in 30 days. No. I think I'll have to upgrade now because I've done too much editing using the new ACR. It can't translate the different settings back to the older 2010 engine for highlights and shadows. In any case, I think those two new sliders apply a better processing algorithym. Adobe will stop putting stuff in their automatic updates for versions before CS6 anyway once it hits the retail outlets.

Thanks nobody!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast